3.8 | Chambre de Chasse From Hell

[ Chapter Thirty-Six ]

AT FIRST, Raylynn did not like Hope's plan. Aside from the fact that she was thrilled that the teenage girl confided in her, she had some reservations about what she wanted to do to help their family. There were some technical issues that accompanied her plan, and Raylynn needed help if she were to help Hope follow through with it.

So, Raylynn brought the girl's idea to Freya. The witch opposed to it about as much as she did, but they were no match against a stubborn Hope. A trait she acquired from both the Mikaelson and Labonair families.

Hope's plan included a risky ritual that would pull the Hollow from her family and into herself. At first, she wanted Ryan to share the burden. Instead, Ryan opted to help with the spell, but not hold a portion of the malevolent spirit. Raylynn figured it had something to do with the failed werewolf binding curse. He saw just how dangerous witchcraft could be without the proper knowledge.

Raylynn did not blame her son. Ryan had every right to decline a part in his sister's plan. Yes, he wanted his family back together, but he knew there were consequences to such rash decisions. Something she wished Hope would learn, and fast.

After a long discussion, Raylynn and Freya entered a reluctant agreement with the children. The first step dealt with the Mikaelson siblings. All four of them were forced into an unconscious state, keeping them in a fictional prison in their minds. Ryan and Hope took over the next step. They would stay in the real world and prepare the spell needed to fulfill the plan, while Raylynn and Freya entered the Chambre de Chasse to keep the siblings busy. Last, Ryan and Hope would complete the ritual.

Simple enough.

Raylynn strode through the second level of the Mikaelson Compound. An exact replica of their home, down to the cracks in the brick wall and dust along the baseboards. Voices erupted in the foyer, letting her know the Mikaelsons were there and pissed. She expected it. They were ripped from the real world without their permission. Raylynn made her way to the top of a staircase. She found Freya across from her on the other side of the double set of stairs, ready to descend into the lion's den.

"They must have a witch-for-hire," Rebekah exclaimed, glancing around the room.

"A witch that's spent enough time here to replicate every detail," Kol said, picking up a wine bottle from the nearest table. "This is Elijah's prized Cheval Blanc."

"The culprit may be closer to home," Freya voiced as she started down the staircase, drawing her siblings eyes toward her. "A witch who knows the compound well, and who doesn't trust you to stay away from Elijah. Someone who would risk everything to save New Orleans from plagues."