Chapter 1- First Day of School

Maya's P.O.V

First day of school....... not looking forward to it. I wear what i ussualy wear a T-shirt with a dog on it, a black leather jacket, hot pink shorts with black leggings underneath, and black combat boots.

I eat my fruit loops, and brush my teeth, and head to my best friend Riley's house. I go up the fire escape because. I dont feel like waiting for the Mathews to buzz me in. "Hey Riles " and like always, she is sitting on the little couch near the window."Hey Maya!" She replies perky as always.

She wears a floral dress with a black heels,black leggings, and a short black jacket. "Im so scared to go to school, first day of seventh grade."she says."Dont worry Riles i'll protect you"i said mockingly. If only someone will protect me.

Riley p.o.v

"Come on-" i tell my best friend as i head to the living room and out the door"im leaving!- we are going to be late" i tell Maya. Maya and i ran to the subway. We got on the subway i told maya"im a completely different person, i ride the subway now and i have kiwi lips." maya looked behind me and said "oh yeah, look at him." I look behind me and there was a cute boy our age reading a book.

He looked at me and smiled, i smiled back akwardly and looked back at Maya, still smiling. Before i told her anything ,she grabbed my hand and made me let go of the pole which made me fall backward into his lap. Oh maya you are going to pay for this i thought. Remembering that i fell into the guys lap i looked at him smile and said "hi, im riley". He said "im Lucas" i got up from his lap and sat next to him just as crazy hat was about to sit down.

Politly, i got up and went to maya. "Why did u do that!" I screamed whispered,"i wanted to see if you were like me and ask him to hang out, but guess not" she said. The train stopped and i grabed maya to the wrist and we walked out with pretty boy Lucas right behind us.