#2 - Sad, but cute

July 14th, Training

The Croatian national football team had a training, Dejan and Šime seemed sad the whole time. Šime quickly wiped his tears away when he saw Dejan coming towards him.

"Babe, you ok?" Dejan whispered and took Šime's hands in his.

"Y-yeah.. All good!" Šime smiled at him and looked down.

Dejan sighed and looked around.

"Look, Šime, I know we don't have much time left together... but let's make the most out of it, okay?"

He gently raised Šime's chin and quickly kissed him, so no one would see. Nobody knows about them, yet. Šime nodded and Dejan went back to training. Later, Šime went to the bathroom and Dejan was looking for him. Šime's been there for about an hour. Dejan went to the bathroom and heard Šime quietly crying.

"Šime??"

He opened the toilet stall door. Šime was sitting, his face buried in his hands. He looked up at Dejan and Dejan's heart broke. Šime's curly brown hair was all messed up, his beautiful brown eyes full of tears, he was shaking. Dejan closed the door and knelt down in front of him.

"Šime... don't cry" he said softly.

"It's easy to say that, Dejan..." Šime whispered, his voice breaking.

Dejan gently wiped Šime's tears away and put his hand on Šime's cheek.

"Look. I know it's fucked up. I know we only have two days left together and it sucks.. but I-"

Šime cut him off.

"You don't fucking get it!" he stood up and tried to walk out, but Dejan stopped him and took his hands.

Šime raised his head and looked into Dejan's eyes. He started crying again. Dejan leaned in and gently kissed him.

"Calm down, Šime. It's all going to be ok." he whispered and hugged Šime tight.

Šime hugged Dejan around his neck and put his head on Dejan's chest.

"..Dejan, I don't want to go. I want to stay here. I want to be with you." Šime sobbed.

Dejan shed a tear and sighed. He put his hand on Šime's head, and his other hand on Šime's upper back. He didn't want to let him go. Šime was quietly sobbing while Dejan was caressing him and whispering.

"You know I love you with all my heart, Šime. Yes, there might be a long distance between us, but I need you to remember that I'll always be here. Whenever you need me. It's bad right now, but we'll figure it out. I'll call you every day, heck it, I'll catch the first flight whenever you want me there. I'd do anything for you. So please, don't cry, we'll figure something out, okay? Calm down, baby." he kissed Šime's head.

Šime was speechless for a moment. He sniffed and looked up at Dejan.

"Thank you Deki.. I love you too. I just... I want to be with you all the time. I'm going to miss you so much.." he whispered and sobbed.

Dejan was thinking for a minute.

"Well.. who says we have to go our own ways after the World Cup?"

Dejan smiled and wiped Šime's tears off of his cheeks.

"We could take a few weeks off. We can be at my place, or, actually, wherever you want. I'll think of something." he moved Šime's loose hair from his eyes.

Šime's eyes lit up. "Really??" he said excitingly.

Dejan chuckled. "Of course. I wouldn't lie to you, I'll do anything for you, Šime."

Šime smiled, stood up on his tippy toes and kissed Dejan.

"Thanks, Deki!" he gazed deep into Dejan's eyes.

"No need to thank me, silly!" Dejan laughed and kissed his forehead.

"Ok, ok.. but still, thank you." Šime hugged him again. "I love you. So much."

Dejan hugged him back.

"I love you too. We should go back, though. The boys are getting worried." Dejan took Šime's hand and kissed him.

"Alright. Let's go." Šime smiled and they went back to the training field.