ninety eight.five

Start from the beginning

Eventually, however, the heat becomes far too much and Roger tells her that he's going to duck outside for a little bit of fresh air.

"I'll come too!" she says, "Can't have you sitting out there on your lonesome."

And with that, she takes his hand and starts weaving her way through the crowd, towards the doors, roger trailing behind her like a little puppy.

The two of them stumble out into the cold air, Rebecca immediately taking a deep breath as she closes her eyes.

Roger is quick to catch her when she stumbles over her feet and he smiles down at her, pushing some hair from her eyes.

"You're going to be so rough tomorrow," he says softly, rubbing his thumb over her cheek, a touch to which she eagerly leans in to.

She nods, "Already regretting that last cocktail."

"You didn't look like you were enjoying it."

"Quite like that shirt you've got on," she hums, tracing the pattern that's on it and when she looks up, her nose bumps against his.

"Yeah?" he asks and she giggles, "What are you laughing at."

"Your nose," she pokes it gently, "It moves when you talk, it's so cute."

"It does not!"

"It does," she coos, tapping it once more, "Always has. Just never mentioned it before."

"Jesus Christ," he huffs, pulling away when she tries to tap it again, "Quit it."

She laughs once more and leans up on her toes to kiss him and Roger, slightly startled at the action, takes a moment to kiss her back but once he does, she hums and pulls him closer by the front of his shirt.

They don't quite know how long they've been stood there, completely wrapped up in one another. An hour could have passed and Roger wouldn't have cared. He could spend all night kissing his wife if he could.

Of course, that doesn't happen because they're interrupted by Brian and Alice throwing the door to the club open.

"Roger?" the guitarist yells, "Bex? Guys, we've got to go."

Roger pulls away and Rebecca laughs once more as she raises a hand to wipe away the lipstick that's now staining his mouth.

"What's wrong?"

"Deaky's smashed one of those glass patricians that separate the areas in there,"

"What?" Roger laughs, "You're kidding."

"Is he alright?"

"He's fine," Alice waves a hand as Deaky, Hannah and the rest of their group are escorted from the club and Freddie tosses Roger his jacket.

"He's not fine!" Hannah frowns, wrapping her cardigan around John's hand which is bleeding heavily and is clearly not fine, "We have to take him to the hospital!"

Seeing her husband injured and bleeding must have sobered her up but Deaky shrugs her hand off of his shoulder, "Where to next?"

"You're going to the hospital!" Hannah orders, pulling him towards a nearby taxi rank, stopping beside Roger and Rebecca just briefly, an amused smile tugging at her lips, "Nice colour, Rog. It suits you."

"Piss off," he grumbles, patting John on the shoulder as he sullenly lets Hannah lead him away.

"Wait," Rebecca huffs, "Where's my coat? Freddie, you didn't grab it?"

"Oh darling, I am sorry," he says, kissing her cheek, "It all just happened so fast! One minute, we were dancing, the next, there's glass all over the floor, Deaky's bleeding and we're being herded towards the door like cattle!"