YGMHP~Chapter 13- The New Note

Start from the beginning

"Get. Out," he hissed, tightening his grip around Derrick's neck.

"Mr. Potter!" Madam Pomfrey hurried forward, while Lily also whipped the bed sheet off herself and rushed toward the boys.

"I can't...exactly leave...when you're strangling me..." Derrick managed to say in between breaths, turning red in the face.

"Mr. Potter, release him!" Madam Pomfrey commanded, pointing her wand threateningly. "Now!"

"James!"

Grudgingly, he let go of Derrick and the boy heaved for breath, feeling at his neck that had turned a violent purple. Worried, Madam Pomfrey stepped forwards to see if he was alright, but Derrick had automatically recoiled and left the room in urgency.

---------------------

"You're mad at me."

"No I'm not."

James rolled his eyes as he followed Lily down the corridor, trying to keep up with her fast pace. Since Lily had just been released from the Hospital wing after the strangling occurrence, she had been shooting him a displeased stare all the way back to Head Tower, while muttering, "Un-believe-able..."

Grabbing her by the waist, he stopped Lily from walking any further and steered her to face him. "If you're not angry, then kiss me," he said, closing his eyes.

Lily turned away from him. "Don't feel like it," she said childishly, crossing her arms.

"Please tell me why you're angry at me so we can make up again and snog."

Clearly that was the wrong thing to say.

"Is that all I am to you?" Lily exploded, putting her hands onto her hips. "Some sort of FLOOZY?"

James chuckled at the word usage, partly because 'floozy' sounded funny and because Lily has used such a peculiar word. "Orange peel, your vocabulary is so cute sometimes-"

Lily hit him in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for! I was complimenting you!"

"Only for canoodling!"

James tried to keep a straight face but erupted into chortles again. "I'm sorry," he put up his hands, struggling not to laugh, "Give me a second..."

Lily hit him again.

"Ow! Merlin, please file your nails..." James rubbed the scram marks on his arm.

"I'm sorry, alright," she apologized with great difficulty, "it's just you didn't exactly handle the situation very well back there."

"I admit that maybe I overreacted a little-"

"You nearly killed him!" Lily butted in.

James couldn't understand her irritation. "Why are you sticking up for him, Lily?"

"I'm not!" she insisted. "It's just...when I see you like that, you know, Potential Death Eater mode," she said with a frightened look, "it kind of...scares me."

"Lily..."

"No, don't 'Lily' me."

"C'mere," he said softly.

Not needing telling twice, she stepped into his embrace.

"You don't seriously think I'd ever strangle you, do you?" he asked her, almost laughing. "You know how much I hate Derrick, and you know how much I love...your lovely bottom."

"That's...that's charming, James," Lily rolled her eyes at him for ruining such a moment, but nonetheless hungrily kissed him on the lips. "You know," she pulled away with a mischievous smile, "After all this arguing and me staying in the Hospital Wing for so long, I'm feeling oddly..." she paused, raising her eyebrows. "You know?"