We'll Disunite, We'll Reunite

Since the Muslim league has taken a stand to join Jammu and Kashmir to Pakistan, Violence broke out across Jammu. Even though, Udhampur was not relatively unaffected, the Muslim families started to migrate to Pakistan fearing violence. Reshma's family was one among them. She could not even bid him a good bye or a promise to come back. For him, she vanished one fine day. All hell broke for him, he returned to his home in Delhi.

He wished he could just meet her once and talk just once. He craved and longed for that. On one morning, he received a letter from a familiar name. It was her. He rushed to the refugee camp in Delhi and meets her. The authorities did not allow him to take her with him. He can take her only for the purpose of marriage but had to wait 10 days for formality.

After she was taken to Pakistan, she escaped her family and joined Hindu refugee camps in Lahore; from there she got into the train along with the other refugees and came to Delhi. Sheposted Verma a letter describing her situation upon reaching there as no one suspected her to be a Muslim in a Hindu refugee camp.

After 10 days passed, Verma took her home. His entire family and relatives gathered and were totally opposing. Suddenly various officials entered his home to take Reshma away. As Reshma escaped writing a letter for her family, they tore that down and registered kidnapping case against Verma in Lahore Police station.

India and Pakistan have mutually agreed to return all the kidnapped victims back. As a result, Indian officials traced Reshma and Verma at his place. Both Verma and Reshma pleaded with the Indian officials to let them stay here.

Indian officials spoke with their Pakistani counterpart and found a middle path. She was to stay at Lahore police commissioners house for 10 days, and her parents will met her. She would convince them and return back to India.

As it turned out, she was taken away from the police's house. Upon learning this, Indian officials contacted Reshma to which she said, she wanted to stay with her Parents and was indeed Kidnapped by Verma. When this was communicated to Verma, He went to Lahore risking his life. But could not find her.

A year passed, as he was sitting at the verandah of his house in Delhi, she appeared. He dismissed that as a dream. His mom saw her and immediately asked him to marry Reshma. Both went to temple. Verma asked Reshma to stand aside in the road, while he went to get mangalsutra from the shop.

When he returned, he found a crowd gathered at the same place. A bullock cart fell on Reshma and she suffered serious injuries, died on his arms. He could not believe what just happened.

30th August 2017 6 PM.

Karthik "I'm really sorry"

Verma "I wish I could turn back the clock and bring the wheels of time to a stop."