Chapter 2-

1 week later...

-Skye's Bunk-

Skye was sitting in her bunk, lying on her bed as she scrolled through the files on her laptop looking for any that related to the mystery of her parents. Her door was opened a sliver. Even though her eyes were looking at the screen, her mind was elsewhere concocting many different scenarios in her head on what could have happened to her parents, and why they gave her up.

A knock sounded at the door and a few seconds later it slid open and Grant propped his head in. "Coulson wants to see us in the Command centre ASAP." He told her in his usual serious matter.

Skye turned her eyes in his direction, absorbing in the sight the tall hulk of a agent took up.

Grant crossed his arms and narrowed his gaze onto his doe eyed rookie who looked to be a thousand miles a away. "Skye," her name slipped from his lips as concerned filled his voice. "Are you ok?"

Skye realised she hadn't responded to him and must look like an idiot just staring at him like some groupie. She forced a smile. "Yep." she answered clearing her throat. "Let's go."

Grant could see the hesitation in her eyes and watched her as she shut her laptop shut with almost disappointment and anger mixed together.

Skye had noticed that her S.O. hadn't moved from her doorway and it didn't look like he was going to move. He had a neutral expression etched across his face and was standing as still as a statue with his arm folded.

"Ward?" She asked, walking the small distance towards him and stopped less than a foot in front of him. His presence blocking her doorway.

"Are you sure your okay?" He asked once again with concern, dropping his arms by his side. He cared for Skye, he hated seeing her like this.

"Yeah of course," She said while giving a swift kiss on his lips. Grant ignored the tingling feeling that was shooting through him at this moment and whenever he was close to her.

"Now come on, Coulson's waiting", she simply answered as she pushed past him and headed for the command centre.

Grant was taken back. He didn't feel weird, he just felt different. They had been together for at least a month now but have decided to keep it to themselves as they don't want to cause any commotion, being against protocol and all. Grant shook it off and walked out of her bunk, closing the door behind him and caught up with Skye.