Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep. Sky groaned and hit whatever was making that annoying sound.  She smacked the button of her alarm clock off and grabbed her phone to check the time. Sky groaned even more realizing it was twelve o'clock and she was late to her first class. "Shit!" Sky sprung out of her bed and rushed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Finally dressed with her bookbag and headphones, she ran out the door, forgetting about breakfast. This is so not good for my first day. 

As adrenaline ran through Sky's body, she went straight through the main campus and rushed into her first class forgetting to be quiet as she entered. "Turn to page-" The teacher stopped his lesson and watched as Sky headed to the back of the class quietly while a few classmates snickered at her abrupt entrance interrupting the class. More embarrassment filled Sky as well as disappointment for being late and making a scene in front of the whole class. This day cannot get any worse. As class continued on, Sky was becoming less engaged in the lecture of philosophy and the concept of utilitarianism. The teacher explained it to be the belief in which actions are right in proportion as they tend to promote happiness. Believing philosophy is such a bore that it was unnecessary to teach it as a course if people are going to believe whatever they want to believe. It doesn't take much to influence the minds of people whether its experience, religion, or influence. Take her life for example. Sky never believed in hope and her  belief is life will always be worthless with people who don't care about anyone but themselves. Simple. Class dismissed. There are no miracles or a magic wand to magically change her life the way she wanted. What she wanted would cause a miracle such as bringing her brother and her mother back. 

Chase made a big impact on her life and always will have. She'd will never forget the day Chase took her to a dealership and talked his way into driving her dream car. 

"Come on ladybug. Don't be so scared. I got this!" 

Sky chuckled and shook her head at Chase's intent on going through with this. "You will not get away with this! There is no way you can go in that dealership and get a car for free."

"Ye of little faith! I've been practicing my negotiation skills. I got dad to let me drive his car to get him an oil change, remember?" Chase said with his arms crossed and a smug smile on his handsome face.

"Except you didn't get him an oil change. You went to the racecar track and got us front row tickets somehow to see the NASCAR race. Not to mention the mud that splashed on us which you told dad it was the owner's fault because he apparently splashed us backing out the car to give it back."

"Tomato, potato. Dad still believed me and never found out."

"You mean he didn't find out until he saw the race on TV and saw us! Especially you with your shirt off waving it!" Sky said as she laughed at the memory. The camera was on them after the first win of Chase's favorite racecar driver, Brad Keselowski, and he showed his appreciation by already having the driver's colors painted on his chest for the world to see. It was both the funniest and dumbest thing Chase did and Sky loved every minute of it. 

"It still rocked. Anyway, I can totally get us a ride in the car of your dreams. Let me show you the Chase magic." 

Chase and Sky walked into the dealership with the displayed and shiny cars in the entrance. There were so many beautiful, new cars waiting to be driving on the road from Hondas and Toyotas to BMWs and Roll-Royce Phantoms. Sky's favorite car was a Ferrari with a red exterior. It was a classic, luxurious and gorgeous car she first seen on a magazine when Chase was showing her his favorite cars. It was their thing. Rather than going to ice cream shops and parks, they went to dealerships and car shows. That made them unique.