four • a hero

Beginne am Anfang

"I've never seen Spider-Man so close up before.. he's amazing. No wonder why New York idolizes him so much."

His opponent picked up a piece of what looked like broken cement and chucked it at Spider-Man, who obviously ducked in time thanks to his spider-sense, and it flew towards the street.

Right in the direction of Olivia.

Before she could even get a grip on what was happening, webs grabbed the cement piece and Spider-Man yanked it backed towards him. Swinging it around before releasing it, it flew right into his opponent. It made him stumble backwards and was leaning over the edge of the roof.

Spider-Man stopped for a second. He saw people leaving and running once they saw the cement piece come flying down and noticed how scared Olivia looked. His spider-sense went off again after he ducked which is what saved Olivia's life. He stared at her for a second, she stared back, and Gwen and Camila pulled her away before taking off back in the direction of Visions.

"What is your problem with me?" Spider-Man yelled. His hands hummed with his electricity.

"My problem, Spider-Man, is you acting like this is your city. It's not. It never will be."

"I save these people. I protect them. What do you do? You cause fear! You're not what they need! Do you even have a name?"

They were far apart now. Miles electricity was still buzzing in his hands. Whoever he was fighting was injured from the cement piece. Miles was ready to take advantage of that.

"My name? My name is Carnage."

Carnage pushed himself off the side of the building once he heard police sirens. While Miles was distracted by Olivia, Carnage took the time to put distance between him and Spider-Man so he could escape easier. That's all he ever seemed to do was run. Miles went after him but when he looked over the side of the building Carnage was gone in a matter of seconds. He was exasperated that he could never get ahold of this guy for very long and didn't understand why he was hated so badly.

Carnage wanted Brooklyn to himself. Having competition wasn't what he wanted. No one knew where he came from or how he got here but all that mattered was that he was here now and how they'd stop him.

Spider-Man was on the sidewalk now talking to a few policemen. One of them being his dad that stared at him with a smile.

"Did he give you a name?" His dad asked with a notebook and pen out.

"Carnage. That's apparently what he likes to call himself."

"So.. he's definitely not a hero then."

Miles stopped himself from chuckling. His dad loved stating the obvious. "I'm afraid so sir."

"Why didn't you stop him?" Ren Jenkins asked. He was the same one that was at the last confrontation Miles had with Carnage. He stared at Spider-Man with a look of annoyance.

"I did, sir. There's only so much I can do by myself. He created distance between me and him when I stopped a piece of cement from hitting an innocent person which is how he got away so quickly."

Ren loosened up a bit. "Still. What good are you if you don't-"

"That's enough." Miles's dad said sternly. He eyed Ren. "Spider-Man is such a major help to this city. He's done so much. He's gonna encounter a bad guy that gets away every now and then. Stop being so harsh."