• twenty one •

Start from the beginning

@darthphoenix: Proud to announce that someone very special to me gave me the gift of motherhood 🐢🐙🦈🐋 I am officially the mother of 5 sea creatures including Jon Snow: the orca

@darthphoenix: Proud to announce that someone very special to me gave me the gift of motherhood 🐢🐙🦈🐋 I am officially the mother of 5 sea creatures including Jon Snow: the orca. Help protect the world's oceans by adopting one for yourself or on behalf of your loved ones @oceana
9:01pm • 5/27/17 • Twitter for iPhone
5,525 Retweets 10.5K Likes

Chris Evans retweeted your Tweet

@chrisevans: I encourage everyone to adopt an animal from @oceana. They are perfect gifts for relatives or the special man or woman in your life. Hell, adopt one for yourself. All purchases go toward making our ocean's cleaner and healthier.
9:03pm • 5/27/17 • Twitter for iPhone
28.2K Retweets 44.5K Likes

After closing the twitter app, Phoenix rolled off the bed, offering her hands for Chris to take hold of as he stood up. "Let's go to the balcony."

Following directly behind, Chris couldn't help but to take a peek at her bum as she walked in front of him toward the balcony door. When they reached the door, Chris opened it for her and let her go out first.

"New moon." Phoenix spoke matter of factly while staring up at the sky.

Looking over at her, Chris was astonished by the amount of beauty she possessed. The way the stars as well as the light on the balcony hit her face was an image that Chris would never forget. After watching her for a few seconds, he too looked up at the sky to find no sight of the moon and only the stars that normally surround it. "New moon means no moon?"

"A moon that isn't visible to us anyway." She corrected while wrapping her arms around Chris' torso. As he snaked his own arms around her waist, she rested her head on his chest- prompting him to kiss her on the forehead. "If we were in L.A., we could be walking down the Santa Monica pier right now."

"Missing L.A.?" Chris asked, although he already knew the answer.

She nodded into his chest. "Only a couple of weeks until I'm back on the west coast."

"Oh, that is right! You're going back for graduation."

"And to shoot my final film project."

"That's exciting." Chris rested his chin on the top of Phoenix's head. "You're gonna kill it honeybee!"

"Do you like Los Angeles, Chris?"

"Ehh... it's a beautiful city and I don't mind working there but it's not a place I would enjoy living." He answered. "I tried to whole L.A. thing a while back and I was miserable. I'll be a Bostonian until the day I die."

"I would expect no less."

"What about you? Do you plan to stay in California forever?"

"Definitely." Phoenix responded in an instant. "There's no place on earth quite like it. I'll never willingly leave California."

Chris frowned at Phoenix's answer. He was never the type to look too far ahead into relationships, or anything else really, and spent most of his time living in the present. However, warning bells started going off in his head almost immediately after hearing Phoenix talk about California. So far she didn't want to have kids, didn't want to get married, and never wanted to leave California. They didn't want the same things and that was the only reason he could imagine for their relationship possibly imploding in the future.

"I'm gonna miss you when you're gone." Chris changed the subject, pushing aside the inner voice that was telling him he was going to end up heartbroken.

"I'll miss you too, Chris."

The pair stood unmoved and in silence for a few minutes as they both put into prospective that neither one wanted to leave their current homes, which would be grounds to end the relationship if it ever got to that point.

The way things were going, Phoenix saw zero flaws in Chris. He was what seemed to be the perfect man for her, other than the fact that their lives were going in opposite directions. Regardless of how much she denied it, she was starting to fall for Chris in a way that she could control.

And Chris felt the exact same way about her. Phoenix was unlike anyone else he had ever dated which turned out to be exactly what he was missing. She was everything he ever wanted in a partner: intelligent, affectionate, great sense of humor, loyal, and the list could go on and on. The one thing that scared him the most was the fact that he was starting to fall hard and had no idea where that would lead him since they wanted completely different things out of life.

"I think I'm gonna go." Phoenix finally spoke while pulling away from Chris. "Gotta finish up Tom's birthday present since it's only a few days away."

"Oh. Alright." Chris leaned in for a kiss only for her to give him an awkward side hug instead. "Can I walk you out?"

"No, that's okay. I'll see you tomorrow."