The Begining... Part 1

Let me tell you a story one of terrible loss and heartbreak and sadness, a young girls journey through life enduring betrayal, love and laughter she overcomes it all here's her story.

Mhari and her brother were sitting on the couch at home, the oldest of the children Mari Langston was 9 years old and her brother was called Paul he's seven, and last, there's Annie who's four, they come from a long line of werewolves and are part of the South End pack a relatively small pack but it's home to them and their parents none the less, they keep to themselves and away from the humans and other supernaturals with the exception of witches as they often provide the packs with charms and protection spells for their lands.

With the few exceptions, most werewolves are unable to shift till they reach around 14 years of age until then the young learn the way of the wolf with lessons, what it truly means, they thrive off the old stories from times gone past to the very beginning of their kind stories of bravery and treachery.  All the pack's members have their our own homes that are within walking distance of each other though still are spaced out, as their father is the pack's beta their house is quite big, nestled at the far edge of the forest, surrounded by a spelled wall. 

So as I was saying the night it all changed mhari and her brother were sitting watching the TV arguing over who gets control of the remote it soon escalates to them rolling about the floor punching and hitting one another, Mhari's mom has just put Annie to bed and is locking all the doors, it's just like any other night with just the three of them as their dad is on pack business and won't be home till later tonight.

Mhari's version of events that day........

" Mhari " I hear shouted loudly from our mother from the kitchen "can you please stop terrorising your brother,  your sister is sleeping"
"sorry'" I mumble before quickly snatching the remote from pauls hands smirking at him as he tries to retaliate by kicking me but misses, laughing I quickly stop as I see my moms standing at the door giving us that stern look that only your mother gives you. 

" Come on you two get ready for bed now," she yells.  For the first time tonight, me and Paul are quiet and can hear the storm raging outside there's a loud banging as the trees outside start hitting off the side off the house from the wind as they intensify, the rain coming down hard on the windowpane with the added screeching sound, it was very eerie. 

"Looks like we're in for it tonight kids," she replies smiling as she notices my brother now suddenly clinging to my side paul hates storms.
"Mommy when is daddy coming home" Paul cry's, I snigger at how afraid he is.
My mom bends down and detaches paul from my waist to give him a cuddle
"Hey little man you gotta be a big boy for me and your sisters who else is gonna protect us," she says, my brother then proceeds to puff out his chest, I let out a snort rolling my eyes.
"Yeah, paul" I laugh "whos gonna protect us while your hiding under your blanket" I fall back against the cushions laughing.
"AAAHHHHHH" Paul screeches "MHARI" I then find Paul on me trying to hit me, he knocks the wind out me for a second I look up at him his face is bright red in anger which sets me off laughing even more.
"ENOUGH" My mom yells we freeze she's pretty angry now glaring at me, she points at me shaking her head "You should know better now it's late so I want you both in bed" we get up without another word.
My mom comes up later to say goodnight I watch her walk into my room my dad always says that I look just like her I've got her long red-gold hair with the green eyes though my moms look prettier to me. It's known that I've also got her temper she kisses my forehead  "goodnight baby" she says  "Night mom" she goes down the hall to my brother's room, paul looks like my dad he's the strongest man I know well apart from the alpha, I wonder what's keeping dad he's normally back before we go to bed I can feel my eyes slowly closing as I drift off to sleep.