:1: Camic

:1: Camic

"Camic?" I ask, taking a step back. This seems so unrealistic...so dream like that I don't even want to give him a second glance. Yet I do and I realize that this is no dream; Camic really is standing in front of me. His face I can tell is full of happiness, as his eyes glimmer green in the little moonlight shining down.

"Yes, Carnate...it's me." he replies, stepping forward to give me a tight hug. I sigh as I feel his hands wrap around my back, making me hug him back as well.

"I missed you so much." I cry, tightening my arm around him as I send tears to soak the gray coat he wears. The tears in which I cry though are not bad ones, yet good ones in which I have been waiting so long to shed.  "I was so worried about you." I whisper, nuzzling into his side. "I didn't know if you were alive.."

"I know, honey, I know. I'm here now, though... and that's all that matters." Camic replies, kissing my forehead gently and pulling me into him more.

"No, that's not all that matters, I want to know how you're even here?" I ask urgently, releasing from his hug and looking up into his eyes, which I can already tell are beyond damaged.

"I promise I'll explain that later-"

"I want you to explain now!" I cut him off, as I raise my voice a bit in pure anger. How could he even start to think that I would be okay with him explaining this later? He's been gone for three years; he needs to tell me now on where he went. "I need answers."

"I understand you need answers, so do I. But it's the middle of the night, can't this wait untill morning?" Camic asks, leaning against the door frame and grabbing my hand which swings dead at my side. I close my eyes, trying to take in everything that is going on and shake my head.

"No," I whisper, feeling as he rubs his thumb against the back of my hand; sending warmth back to the cold little thing. "I need you to tell me now." I say, opening my eyes and looking straight up into his. He sighs, leaving a long empty silence in between but slowly nods eventually, sending me to smile.

"Do you mind if I come in then?" he asks, letting my hand go and tucking them in the pockets of his black jeans. I shake my head, before scooting aside and motioning for him to come in.

"Lovely place you have here." he tells me sarcastically, as I shut the door and look over to where he stands beside the small blue couch we have in our living room. "It's definitely...small." he smiles, as he walks into the kitchen adorned off the living room. I nod, before walking over to him and leaning up against his side. He laughs a bit at the way I stand attached to his hip, but soon enough wraps me up in his arms. 

"It's small, but perfect for Auburn, Margret, and I." I tell him, while playing with the collar of the white T-shirt he wears under his coat. I could tell what I said threw him off a bit, for he let go of me completely.

"Auburn, and Margret? Who are they?" he asks, making me smile, before taking his hand and pulling him into Auburn's room adorned off the living room. There she sleeps soundly from where I had laid her last, her small arms strewn about on the brown wooden bed placed against the wall. It's a very empty room, I must say, with a single window beside her bed and a drawer that holds some clothes and a few dolls. Otherwise...that was it.

"Margret is the other woman that lives here with me. Auburn is our daughter, right there." I say, pointing to her as she rolls over onto her side from most likely a dream. I can hear Camic gasp in excitement, before looking over to me in pure dis-belief.

"She's amazing." he whispers, before looking back down to the sleeping child and reaching out a hand to stroke back the brown hair thrown about her pale skinned face. A single glistening tear falls down from my eyelid, then, as I watch him ever so gently caress her cheek.