"Okay little one," he breathes, picking her up to cradle her against his chest.

He carries her through to what will be her room in a couple of weeks, placing her down on the changing table so he can take a look and see if she's needing to be changed.

She's not; her nappy is still clean and dry so Roger comes to assume that she does need to be fed.

Which means he has to wake Rebecca up.

Padding back into their bedroom, he's relieved that Ellie's crying has stopped and is now more of a grizzle and he finds that Rebecca is still fast asleep.

God, he hates doing this.

"Becca?" he whispers, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "Becca, love,"

It doesn't take him long to wake her and the guilt just grows when she opens one eye, "Rog?"

"'m sorry, Bex," he murmurs, "She needs fed."

"Oh. Did I not hear her? I'm sorry," she immediately sits up and undoes a couple of buttons on his shirt, taking Ellie from him with a quiet thank you.

As she latches onto her breast, Rebecca hums quietly.

Roger climbs back onto his side of the bed and lays down but he doesn't close his eyes. He watches her with a hand on her thigh, thumb rubbing circles on the exposed skin.

"You don't have to stay awake," she whispers, running a hand through his hair, "Go back to sleep, Rog."

He shakes his head, "I'll put her back to bed."

Letting out a sigh of relief, she puts her hand on his cheek, "Thank you. You've been so good to me."

He turns his head and kisses her hand, "'m just trying to help."

The two of them just watch the little girl as she finishes up, Roger throwing the blankets off himself to return her to the crib.

"I'll take her to the nursery," he whispers, taking Ellie from her, "Wind her in there and then bring her back."

"Okay," she hums, buttoning the shirt back up and he's pretty sure she'll be asleep again within minutes as he rests Ellie up against his shoulder, rubbing her back gently.

He really should have put a towel or something over his shoulder because not two minutes later, he's got spit up all down his back.

"Perfect."

Thankfully, it doesn't take Ellie long to go back to sleep and after putting her down in her crib once more, Roger decides that he'd be as quick stepping into the shower for a few minutes to wash his shoulder off and at 1:45, he finally crawls back into bed, where Rebecca is quick to shuffle closer to his radiator of a body.

"Thank you," she whispers, rubbing his hip with her thumb and he kisses her forehead.

"You can make it up to me in a month."

"Deal."

||-||

Today was going to be Charlotte's first meeting with Ellie. John and Hannah had wanted to make sure that the little girl was completely free of her cold as to not risk anything being passes on.

Rebecca actually got dressed; pulling on some proper clothes (she'd mostly been living in pjs and shirts that belonged to Roger) and ran a brush through her hair.

John and Charlotte arrived just after noon, accompanied by Brian who loved popping over every now and then to see Ellie and entering the Taylor home, John puts his daughter down, telling her to go find Uncle Roger.

Of course, she doesn't need telling twice and takes off, her father and Brian watching fondly as she toddles off in the direction of the living room - where Roger and Rebecca are.

Rebecca hears the little girl before she sees her, "I think they're here, Roger."

He grins, passing Ellie to her just as Charlotte rounds the corner and he stands.

"Wog!" she squeals, rushing toward him and just at the last moment, she trips over her shoelace but of course, Roger's there to catch her, hoisting her up into the air with an exaggerated groan.

"Lottie!" he cheers and Rebecca watches with a smile on her face, "Hiya, lovie."

The bond that the two of them have is truly something special, it has been since the day she was born and Rebecca does worry somewhat at how the little girl is going to react to another baby being in the group.

Charlotte has been the only little one for so long. She hasn't had anyone else around for her uncles to dote on and so Rebecca's interested to see how this pans out.

"Lottie," she's snapped from her thoughts by Roger sitting down beside her again with Charlotte in his lap and she smiles at John and Brian who are hovering by the door, "We want to introduce you to someone."

Rebecca kisses the little girl's cheek, really hoping that this goes well. The last thing she wants is for her to get upset, "Hi, love."

But Charlotte isn't listening to either of them, she's distracted by Roger's wedding ring - though she does look at Ellie when she yawns.

"Charlotte," Rebecca says, Roger holding the little girl's waist as she leans over to get a better look at the baby, "This is Ellie."

Right off the bat, she doesn't seem too interested, she quickly goes back to playing with Roger's rings, looking at Baby Taylor every few minutes.

Of course, she's just a toddler. She doesn't quite understand who this tiny person is or why they're trying to introduce her to them. And like every other toddler, she quickly gets bored and squirms out of Roger's hold so she can go play with Brian's hair and well, Rebecca will take that as a win.

||-||

guys, i think for the next story, i might move away from this series cause i had an idea and my main character is bri's/rog's best friend (or cousin. haven't decided that yet)