"I'm awake," she spoke softly so she didn't startle him, slowly pushing herself up on the pillows.

"Careful, love." Roger pleads, standing up to hand the baby over and once she's settled securely in Becca's arms, he carefully climbs up onto the bed beside them as Rebecca adjusts her top so her left breast was free and she lets out a relieved sigh as she starts feeding almost immediately. 

She couldn't cry anymore. Even though everything Baby Taylor did made her want to break down again and again. 

"Little one must be hungry," Roger whispers, resting his chin on her shoulder and she rests her head against his. 

He couldn't believe that Rebecca was basically her main food source and that the milk that she produced had all of the nutrients and such that would keep their little one healthy and help her grow. It truly was incredible.

"Thank you." he suddenly whispered, making her look at him. 

"Everything. Marrying me, agreeing to start a family with me," he rubs her shoulder gently, "Keeping this little one safe for nine months." 

"Roger," she breathes. 

"I never thought I'd have this," he continues, "Never knew that I wanted it. A wife, a family. But you...you changed me, Rebecca, made me a better person and I can't...I can't imagine doing this with anyone else." 

Being mindful of the baby, Rebecca leans up to kiss him, "I love you." 

"And I love you," he replies softly before leaning down to kiss the little pink hat adorning the baby's head, "And I love you too. So much." 

||-||

To give Rebecca some much-needed rest, they allow Maggie to take Sprout up to the nursery and while his wife sleeps, Roger takes the opportunity to ring round their families and friends. 

His mum cries down the phone for a good two minutes before promising that she, his dad and Clare will be on the first available train down to London. 

Morag says that she too will be down as soon as possible and the guys? Roger tells them to hold off until tomorrow to come visit. He doesn't want to overwhelm Rebecca too much. 

He then makes a stop at the hospital canteen, where he gets himself some tea and a couple of biscuits to snack on and he slowly makes his way up to the room again. 

It's been a solid fourteen hours since Rebecca woke him and he yawns loudly when he reaches their door. 

She's still fast asleep as he enters, closing the door silently behind him and he reluctantly sits down in the uncomfortable chair again, putting his styrofoam cup on the small table beside her bed. 

He's never been more in awe of this woman than he is right now. She did all of that without pain relief. She truly is amazing.

He feels his eyes starting to drop slightly but in an effort to stay away in case Rebecca needs him, he grabs the baby name book from the go-bag and opens it up to the first page. 

Maybe he could find a perfect name for their little one.

||-||

He falls asleep when he gets halfway through the E section but wakes to the sound of Rebecca chatting quietly with Maggie, who has brought Sprout back for her next feeding and some more cuddles. 

They both look at him as he stretches, scratching his chin as he moves the book from where it's still laying open on his chest. 

"How long was I asleep?" he asks, running a hand through his hair.