"well, marleigh marie, it's very nice to meet you," tony says, extending his arm out to offer his hand to her. marleigh smiles, shaking his hand. her's is much smaller than his, her hand practically fit inside of his. "just so you know, i never let people shake my hand, so you're one of the very little people that i have," tony tells her, eyes never leaving her. marleigh nods her head.

"so um.. i don't think there's any easy way to say this, but-"

"your steve's sister and you died back in 1945 but you never really died, you just slipped into a heavy coma that they weren't sure you would ever wake up from so they froze your body like they did steve's and you just now grew conscious today?" tony says nonchalantly. the blonde stares at him for a moment, gaping. tony smiles.

"and you saw that billboard with that question about me knowing steve so you came here thinking i'd tell you where to find him?" tony finishes. marleigh purses her lips, nodding her head. "i guess it will be that easy," she shrugs, wiping the confused expression off of her face.

"lucky for you... he's upstairs."

|

on the elevator ride up to the floor steve was apparently on, tony continued to ask marleigh questions. nothing too personal, just things like was steve annoying when you's were kids and tell me your favorite cereal and i'll tell you if it's still a thing or not.

"did you know my dad?" tony suddenly asks, shifting his standing position. for this question his eyes aren't on marleigh, instead they're fixed on the many numbers lined up beside the closed elevator door, busying himself by counting them all as he awaited marleigh's answer.

"yeah, actually, i did. he was the one that made steve into the 'super soldier' but i'm sure you probably already knew that," marleigh uses air quotes on the two s words. tony nods, as his fingers grip onto the railing in the elevator, leaning back onto it. "can you tell me a little bit about him?" tony can't stop his curiosity from getting the best of him. marleigh nods.

"yeah, of course. um, he was always super nice to me, while he was in the middle of making the serum he always invited me and steve out to dinner with him and his wife- your mother, i mean. he could turn any situation into a joke, he always had me laughing.. plus he was kinda cute so all my friends had a crush on him," marleigh finishes. she pretended she didn't notice tony's stare on her, as a grin found itself on his face.

"do you think i look like him?" tony asks, eyes narrowing. marleigh almost instantly nodded. "oh absolutely, it's kinda scary how much you look like him," marleigh chuckles a little. tony smiles.

"so you think i'm cute?" tony responds, smirking. marleigh's mouth falls open a little, finding herself stuck and not knowing how to respond. the elevator door opens with a ding and marleigh thanks god for it. tony shoots her a wink.

"ladies first," he grins, gesturing his arm out towards the now opened door. marleigh tries her hardest to bite back her smile (but fails miserably) as she passes him to exit the elevator. tony notices, and laughs to himself about it. "okay listen, just because i'm kind of older than you? doesn't mean you have to treat me like it's still the 1940's," marleigh tells him, as they walk side by side through the busy room, multiple people passing by them every second. tony nods.

"noted." the man responds, as his eyes search the area for a tall blonde. walking deeper into the agent level (steve was having a meeting with someone, tony couldn't remember who) tony stops marleigh from walking past him by lightly grabbing onto her wrist. the two stood in front of a room that had all glass walls and doors, so everyone could see who was inside and what was going on. when marleigh sees her older brother siting at the head of a long table with two men and a woman, she thinks she might cry.