Her

Her. A delicate word. Feminine and soft, yet strong and powerful. The perfect pronoun used to represent, well, Her. The being that takes my breath away. The woman that brings me happiness, warmth, love. The blinding light to my growing pit consisting of only darkness. Young as I may be, I feel I've found the girl of my wildest dreams. My saviour, my goddess, my one and only. I never knew how joyous life could be until I met her. My heart leaps like a hummingbird in flight every time I see her name. This is something I have never felt before, and it is her that inspires it. When I think about her and our rich conversations, I feel a warmness inside. I cannot hide my smiles, even when we are apart. This connection is special, and I dare say, destined to be. We are drawn to each other and cannot be torn apart for long. Nothing stands between us other than seemingly millions of endless miles of sea and stone, sandy lands and shrinking forests. At night, I lie down and imagine she is here with me. I hope she is not in as much utter misery as I am without her by my side. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and my fondness has done nothing but grow each day. I think they're correct to say such a thing. Every word she confides in me, every wonderful and terrible moment she shares with me, melts me inside. She lets herself be vulnerable around me and trusts me beyond comprehension. That I am incredibly grateful for, because I can return the trust as easily as blinking. I never imagined I would truly find another who I would want to spend so much time with, who could truly touch my life the way she has, even without trying. I look forward to many more special moments together. When I see her, I see my future. These words truly comes from the heart. I am consumed by the desire to be with her, to talk to her and to feel her near me. I want to hold her, talk to her, laugh with her, cry with her. I want to play, walk, dance and just be one with her. I know I want to be everything to her. Her electric personality is exactly what I yearn for. Her beautiful eyes, constantly changing pools of sky blue and spring green, swirling around cool grey and liquid gold patches. I feel if I stare too long, I'd go under and never once come back up for air. I long to feel her soft lips pressed against mine. My hand feels cold, heavy, empty without hers to provide the warmth I'm missing. The dark clouds and voices can only be silenced by her soft voice. I love her more than words can say, and I cannot wait for the day I can finally call her mine once again.

Note: this was written before the breakup.