As the time drew near they all dressed in their best and waited by the hearth. Abigail read to them from one of their fathers books as they waited. The crunch of earth outside soon followed after a few moments. With as much calm she could muster Abby laid the book down and stood smoothing her skirts she clasped her hands waiting in anticipation.

Mary ran to the window and squealed in excitement. "It's him, Abby!" She bounded around the room and out the door when Phillip opened it.

Abigail rolled her eyes and followed them out to the front yard. Greetings were friendly enough until Matthew stood in front of Abigail heat filled his eyes as he looked upon her. He wanted to directly ask her if she had thought about his proposal, but the children looked on.

"You are stunning as always." He bent and placed a kiss on her extended hand.

Before she could say anything in response Mary decided to share her thoughts. "It's because she is wearing my mommies dress. Accept she had to make the top part bigger to fit." She smiled at Matthew with such innocents.

Abigail's cheeks flamed with embarrassment more from the fact she had to wear her mother's dress than the fact she was well endowed.

Matthew didn't notice he grinned from ear to ear. "I'm sure your mother was just as beautiful as Abigail."

Mary nodded in agreement. "Yes, sir, she sure was." Without another word she bounded for the coach and scurried in followed by Harry then Phillip. Leaving Matthew and Abigail alone for a few moments. They each looked at each other and some understanding passed between them. He took her hand and helped her into the coach and followed her in. They set off to visit Weldrick Hall for the first time.

As they approached the Duke's country estate of Weldrick Hall each one looked out the windows in awe. The garden's surrounding the mansion, for that is what anyone would describe the home, were lavish even for the fall weather. The exterior was made from bricks and large columns met them as the coach drove up the front steps to the largest doors any of them have ever seen.

They each were handed out of the coach by his butler and they waited to be introduced to each of the main house head staff. It was a whirlwind of names, faces and new exciting environment that it all went in but left as soon as more information was given.

Matthew decided to take them on a tour of the house himself before dinner was ready, The children jaws had dropped as soon as they seen the house and has never moved back into place. Each room was more lavish as the last with its own history and specific use for the day to day trials of a Duke. When they reached the second floor with the bedrooms Abigail was hesitant to follow even though she really wished to see his bed chambers. Only for the history and aesthetics she told herself. He didn't show them where they were but he did tell them where it was located within the house in relation to where the other four rooms he did show them. Each one was decorated in a different way to suit a certain personality.

The dinner was announced and they abandoned the tour to make there way to the dining hall. As they entered the table was long and lavish with candles, linens, and fine china with pure silver platters, goblets and utensils. They sat in a daze. Matthew at the head of the table with Abigail to his right, Mary beside her and Phillip and Harry on the opposite side.

Platters of food was ushered in and portioned on each plate, goblets were filled with sweet wine and spiced tea for the children. When all activity died down they each followed Matthew by collecting the correct utensil for each dish and proceeded to stuff themselves till bursting. Dinner seemed to last forever. Each time they thought they were done more food was brought out and it seemed to start all over just with a different utensil to be used.