Chapter 5: Order of the Dragon

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What if Destiny was wrong? What if the invitation was in Willoughby's car? Or her purse?" Roman was getting impatient, it was obvious.

"What if the moon hits your eye?" Peter asked sarcastically.

"What if it was an evite?" Roman continued on ignoring Peter's remark.

"Then the 'Order of the Dragon' will have to find a new adventure," Y/n made finger quotes trying not to laugh at his face scrunched up.

"Shut the hell up! I never called us the Order of the Dragon." Roman started getting defensive.

"Sure," Y/n leaned back and continued observing her surroundings. It got quiet for a few seconds. They see an old guy walking down the sidewalk.

"What's with this guy?" Roman asked no one in particular.

"I don't know. He's just old." Peter said leaning his head back a little.

"Gross." Was all Roman said.

"How old's your mom anyway?" Peter asked, getting curious.

"Why don't you ask her that... What if they don't leave?" Roman turned his attention back to the house.

"What if we stop beginning sentences with those two words?" Peter was officially annoyed, Y/n as well. She was about to take out her earbuds and listen to music.

"Fuck Penrose," Roman got out the car and walked towards the house. Peter and Y/n look at each other before getting out and following their friend.

"Hey! We were gonna wait till they left!" Peter whispered as they followed him to the side door.

"Roman! You shit-stick. What the fuck." Y/n sees Roman knock on the door. 

Mr. Willoughby answers it.

"Can I help you?" The older man asked.

"Mr. Willoughby. We're here about Lisa." Roman acted nice.

"This isn't a good time." Mr. Willoughby sounded sad. Y/n felt bad, he lost a child, a daughter.

"Mr. Willoughby. You're exhausted. You should really take a nap." Roman looked him in the eyes and Mr. Willoughby passed out by the door. Roman set him down then walks in.

"In case you were wondering, cops call this shit breaking and entering," Peter was frustrated that Roman resorted to this.

"Was it ever gonna be anything else?" Y/n shrugged and walked in following Roman.

"I'm just saying that there's the right way and then there's the foolish way. Don't ever do it that way again." Peter says to Roman waking in too.

"You're a fucked way," Roman says to him.

"Yeah," Peter closes the door. Y/n sees Roman wiping the blood off his nose.

"Does that hurt?" Y/n was curious. If he was an experienced Upir he could have done that without breaking a sweat, did he not know what he was.

"Aww, worried about me," Roman said smiling and wiping his nose.

"And I take it back," Y/n rolled her eyes and pushed his hand up making the napkin go back in his nose.

"All right, let's just do this and get out of here," Peter walked upstairs with the other two following. Y/n followed Roman into a room, to her it was obviously Lisa's.

"In here," Roman called out to Peter, making him come into the room. They started searching for the invitation.

"Find anything?" Roman asked after a few moments of searching.