Swimming Lessons

Summer was close to an end and Remus wanted to get some more beach time before he went back to Hogwarts. The only problem was that he had no one to go with, his friends had all left him and Sirius was refusing to go.

"Come on, Sirius!" Remus begged. "I wanna go one last time before we have to go back to Hogwarts and get stuck in the cold."

Sirius rolled his eyes at his boyfriend. "No, Remus. I don't like beaches."

Remus couldn't believe his ears. "You don't like beaches? Why not, Padfoot?"

"Because," Sirius sighed. "There are too many people."

"Sirius!" Remus said half-excitedly.

"Remus?"

"There's not going to be anyone there but us! Isn't that great? That means we can go, right?" Remus was now very excited to go to the beach with his boyfriend.

"No, Mooney."

Remus' shoulders dropped, disappointed. "Why not?" He asked, knowing that Sirius already had another excuse waiting.

"Too many bugs." Sirius stated.

"Bug spray."

"Too much sun."

"Sun block and glasses."

"Too much sand."

"Oh, come on, Sirius. That is ridiculous! I know what it is, and it's okay. I can teach you."

"What are you talking about?" Sirius asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

"It's okay, Padfoot. Get your stuff, we're going." Remus smiled to get Sirius moving.

"Fine. But we're only staying for an hour."

~~~

When the pair had arrived at the warm beach, they were surprised to find that there were almost no clouds in the sky, it was a perfect day.

They walked down the sandy slope and about halfway down they set out their towels and dropped their bags.

"Are you ready?" Remus wrapped his arms around Sirius' waist and watched him blush.

"Um, yeah. Let's go." Sirius said nervously.

They walked down towards the water, the cold sand crunching beneath their toes, making them shiver. The cool breeze brushed their hair about when they stopped at the waters edge.

"Let's do this." Sirius said, taking Remus' hand in his own.

Together they walked into the pleasantly cool water until they were about waist-deep.

"Okay, Sirius. First thing, let's see if you can float." Remus smiled.

"I know how to float, you twat." Sirius seemed deeply offended, but he was only joking with his boyfriend.

"Whatever, Black. Go on then. Float on your stomach, face down."

"In the ocean!? Are you mad?"

"Yes and no. Do you wanna learn to swim or not?" Remus smirked.

Sirius rolled his and floated nk his stomach for about 15 seconds, with Remus holding his hand the whole time so he didn't float away.

"Okay," Remus instructed. "Now do it again but try to keep you head up a bit."

Sirius did so and Remus instructed him on what to do next. "Now move this ar- no this one, Sirius. Sirius! Good, that's it. Move it over your head like this."

Sirius copied Remus perfectly, then did the same with his other arm.

"Okay, now on the third stroke you lift your head up to breathe."

"Breathe?!" Sirius looked panicked.

"Yes. If you don't breathe, you will /drown/, Sirius. Do you understand that?" Remus smirked at Sirius.

"I didn't know I had to have my head under the water!" Sirius yelled.

"Of course you do! It helps you swim better!"

"Oh... well I guess I better practise that then."

Sirius and Remus practiced swimming for two more hours, the sun almost setting.

When they finally got out of the water both of them were famished. They brought out sandwiches and drinks and are them while watching the sunset.

"It's beautiful, isn't it." <Remus

"Yes, it is."

"You're not even looking, Padfoot. Don't pretend you are."

"I don't have to look at the sun to see beauty, Remus."

"Oh, shut up, Padfoot! You say it every bloody time!"

"Yes, and do you know why?"

"I have no idea."

"Because it's true."

Remus felt himself blushing more and more by the second.

"And it makes you blush."

"Oh, shut up!" Remus turned to Sirius and kissed him softly on the lips.

The kiss was so soft and cute until Remus heard Sirius chuckle under his breath. He pulled him closer and kept kissing him, biting and swirling his tongue on his lips.

When they pulled back it was Sirius who was blushing this time.

"Not laughing now, are you?"