Eventually he moves his face to the crook of her neck, inhaling her perfume, his body awakening little by little after a long winter slumber. Spring has come again. He places his lips just above her clavicle, feeding on her warmth, his arms moving automatically around her ... and he's home. He can sense her smile in his hair. He feels so comfortable and yet so tired. He surrenders to this overload of sensations, safe and whole again as he falls asleep in her arms, the caress of her fingers playing in his mane.

Can wakes up with a start, beads of sweat across his forehead, panting. Sanem was leaving again. As he is trying to clear his head from the nightmare, he notices the tenderness of a small hand, stroking his beard lovingly. She kisses him and it feels so real. Her touch feels so real. She resumes her exploration reaching all the way down to his manhood and he comes back to earth immediately. This is no dream. The ache for her becomes more pressing and he kisses her avidly, her mouth reviving his parched lips.

Without a word, she sits them up and for the first time she towers him, straddling his lap, her hands wandering ceaselessly on the marble surface of his body. No one has touched him for a year. He was caressed by the wind and the sea around him but no human being has touched him for a whole year. Can used to escape to deserted landscapes where he could be himself, in harmony with the natural world. Laying down his roots was never a necessity until Sanem entered his life. He once said that she was his forest and his mountain. Now she feels very real in his arms. He's back to his homeland, like Ulysses after a decade of drifting.

All of a sudden, the atmosphere turns heavy and his lips on her body is not enough anymore. Now she wants more. She wants to connect with him in the most primal way there is. She wants to feel him. She wants their bodies to merge. She wants them to be one finally. She trembles at the contact of his palms on her naked thighs, going up and down in slow fluid motions. Her desire is building up as Can's fingers move up, grazing past her hips and finally resting on the small on her back, pressing her against him.

Then he's kissing her again, she's moaning against his lips when his hands start to worship her body. Her arms are pulling him towards her, in a desperate attempt to close the ever too wide gap between them. Can is fully conscious now. He can taste heaven on her skin. He can smell her intoxicating feminine aromas in her hair. He can touch places only meant for him. He can hear her desire. He can see his children in her eyes.

For a long time, they only enjoy the surface of their bodies until he's inside of her, and she is surrounding him with her warmth. Waves of pleasure overwhelm their minds. Can is chanting her name as she peaks with his name dying on her lips.

They are still high, their foreheads touching, their raspy breaths mingling together. They have made love but it was so much more. Earthly pleasures but a heavenly communion. Can moves slightly from Sanem and he can see that the hunger in her eyes hasn't been satiated. He can tell she still wants more. So he rolls them over, never breaking apart the temple of their bodies, kissing her again and again ...

They've never felt such a bond between their souls so they keep worshipping each other until their physical strength betrays them. They stay in each other's arms and she falls asleep. He holds onto her like vine. He won't go to sleep. His fear of losing her is still present. He can't disturb her but he wishes her to wake up and look at him in the eyes again. He wants to drown into her chocolate gaze. He needs to feel her hand upon his face ... He needs to know that he is hers forever.

The sun shines a shy light on his body. His lids are heavy. She's gone. He sits up briskly, looking for her. He is up in seconds and makes it to the top deck. He lets out a relieved sigh. She's there, at the very end of the pier, contemplating the beauty of dawn, enjoying the warmth of the morning sun, like a flower does under the sun of spring. She is only wearing his shirt. He scoops her within his arms, laughing and spinning around. She hugs him tight and shares the perfection of the moment. They still need to talk but not now. Later. Later when their bodies and their souls will be at peace again, then and only then they will be able to talk.

He walks down the pier, Persephone in his arms, bringing him back from the Underworld, her hands hooked around his neck. He comes to a halt, observing the thin frontier between water and land, between dream and reality, between the past and the future to be. He takes another step and earth welcomes them back.

THANKS:

I would like to thank the faithful readers for their support and their passion.

I would like to thank my EK girls: Assia, Wafae, Andrea, Lisa, Sandira, Iwona, Deny and Nadia.

A huge THANK YOU to Nadia to help me go through this third part... the "sex scene" was a nightmare to write because I didn't want it to be too "mechanical" and "anatomically descriptive" but I wanted it to be sensual, poetical and spiritual.

Thank you Ayşe Kutlu for giving us back "our" Erkenci Kuş and our Can Divit, I'm forever grateful!