☾8

You don't have to say "I love you" to say "I love you".

- - -

     She fluttered her eyes open, stretching her arms in the air as it softly hits the headboard. Y/n yawned as she rolled over, burying her head further down into the pillows. Strangely enough, it smelled different today–more of a boyish cologne than it normally is. She lifted her head up, adjusting to the sunlight in the room.

The room's walls were painted in white and the bed sheet and pillowcases were in deep shades of gray and black.

In fact, it wasn't her room.

It was hardly a room she could recognize.

Y/n yawned, turning around to lay on her back when her arm softly hits something firm. She looked over her shoulder and was greeted by a sleeping Awsten Knight. He was in a peaceful state, if she was being honest, his breathing was steady and all his features were softened.

"You nearly hit my dick, Y/n. That's one way to wake me up," He smiled widely, eyes still closed. She blushed, quickly taking her hand away from the top of Awsten's leg. "I'm sorry. Didn't know I was sleeping in your bed." She admitted and Awsten laid on his side, his nose almost touching hers.

"I didn't wanna wake you up last night. Besides, Jet likes you," Awsten's voice was still husky and groggy. She liked it, a lot. "Of course, everyone likes me." She replied and Awsten hummed, rubbing the sleep off his eyes.

"I know."

He opened his eyes and locked gazes with her. Her hair was tangled up in different places and yet, she still looked effortlessly beautiful in Awsten's eyes. Her smile was heartwarming, making Awsten's heart beat faster.

"Pancakes or eggs?" He asked, swinging his legs over the bed. She sat behind him, rubbing her eyes and stretching her hands up to the air, "Pancakes sounds great, Aws." She replied and watched as the boy nodded and walked out of his room.

She sat there and looked at her blanket-covered lap.

She was sitting on Awsten's bed. In Awsten's room. She slept with Awsten Knight, not romantically, and woke up on the same side as him.

Her cheeks flared up as she covered her face with her hands. "Oh my god." She breathed out, her heart racing faster than before.

- - -

Both of them arrived at the studio. Awsten trailing behind Y/n as they practically ran towards the studio room. They had to do a quick stop at Y/n's so she could change her clothes, because she already took a bath at Awsten's place–which he generously offered at her after they both had breakfast.

Y/n opened the door and stopped, making Awsten hit her back.

"Remington?"

"Hey, babe!" Remington greeted, standing up from his seat as he walked towards her. She knitted her eyebrows and smiled at her ex, "What's up?" She asked while the taller boy wrapped his arms around her. Awsten watched as the two exchanged embraces, something burning up in his chest while he watched carefully as Remington pulled away and placed both his hands on her shoulders.

"Nothing much, really. Just thought I'd come by and catch up with my best girly. Of course!" Remington smiled at her, ruffling her head. Remington's eyes soon drifted on Awsten and back at Y/n, noticing the two entered the room together.

He smirked, "Hey, Awsten. How are you, man?" He asked, stretching out a hand for Awsten to shake. Awsten closed the door behind him and shook it gently, trying to crush Remington's fingers with his own. "Good, good. You guys on tour here?" Awsten said, pulling his hand away from the shake.

Remington nodded, "Yeah, Houston's pretty crazy if you ask me," "Pretty crazy, yeah." Awsten squinted his eyes at Remington, an awkward silence floating around the three of them. She stared at the two as they intensely looked at each other, almost as if they were both battling with their eyes.

"Okay." She broke the thick tension between them, snapping her fingers between the two men. Awsten looked at her and she smiled, gesturing to the recording room, "We were about to do some recording for the new album, Rem. Wanna hear?" She suggested politely, making Remington look at her.

"I don't see why not. Let's hear what Waterparks has for us, darling."

- - -

"I really thought you were my four leaf clover. I know I'm lonely, but I won't come over." Y/n sang through the other side of the glass, pressing her hands against the headphone. Remington stood besides Awsten, who was sitting on the swivel chair, as the both of them watched her sing. Her voice was beautiful–slicker than honey, and it made Awsten's heart race.

"You know, she's the best person you'll ever have in your life," Remington said, making Awsten tear his gaze away from her and to the man standing besides him. Remington had his arms folded in front of his chest as he furrowed his eyebrows, eyes still not leaving Y/n. "She's beautiful, caring, understanding, and the purest person there is. She likes it when you're honest about yourself and when you pour out your heart on her." Now, his eyes were staring into Awsten's as the blue-haired boy knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why are you telling me this?" The question made Remington chuckle, he turned his body towards Awsten and ran a hand through his spiky hair. "I'm telling you this because I can see that you developed something for our pretty Y/n." Awsten was taken back by Remington's statement. He tried hiding away his blush, leaning against the chair.

"She's a keeper, Knight. Keep her because that's something I couldn't do," Remington said, turning his head back to his past lover. Remington still loved her, yes, but he knew it was best for them to move on and continue as friends like they were before. "She'll be a handful, but I promise you that she's worth every headache and everything." Remington smiled as Y/n took off her headphones, giving the two boys thumbs up.

Awsten smiled at her and sighed softly, "I can assure you that she's in safe hands."

"I doubt that, considering you had on of your hand bitten by your dog." Remington smirked and Awsten chuckled, rolling his eyes at him.

"This is just you being overprotective of her!" Awsten said and Remington smiled widely, winking at him. "Well, she's worth protecting too, ya know?"

"Who's worth protecting?" Y/n popped in, closing the door behind her. Awsten shook his head, "Your mom."

- - -

i'll say it once and i'll say it again:
FANDOM SHALL HAVE BOPS and y'all can't change that. no printer, just fax😌👅💅🏻 periodt.