Chapter 1 Serious talks & Sleepovers

Start from the beginning

As I stood in front of her, I took her hands in mine and spoke.

"Look, Denise. I know how much he has hurt you. You have came over here many times before when you were with him, crying your eyes out over something stupid he did."

Her hands began to hold mine tighter, as she found the courage to look up at me. As her eyes stared into mine, I had sent her a weak smile and continued on.

"You're my best friend Denise, and seeing you hurt like that broke me. I wanted to fight Ohm, remove him from your life and make sure he never re-entered it. But you know what? I'm not you. Now, I don't support you talking with him again after all he's done. Hell, I may even still try to fight him."

Toonz laughed, and let go of one of my hands.

"But no matter what, it's the choice you make. I'll be there with you no matter what." She looked back at me and quickly stood up, pulling me into a tight hug. It lasted a good minute before she let go, wiping away little tears that welled up in her eyes.

"But if he messes up again so help me God I will cu-" Toonz almost immediately threw her hand over my mouth.

"Hey! I get it! No need to continue" She said, this time we both bust out laughing.

Moments like these with Toonz were the best, I've honestly missed them so much. And thank God for my boss giving me the day off, I was dying working non-stop.

Time skip

"Hey Toonz.." I say, throwing the teddy bear I had at her.

"What Del?" She says as she grabs the bear, throwing it back at me.

"Do you ever think I'll ever find 'the one?'"

"You might.. or you might not"

I frowned at her response, taking the bear in my hands and giving it a hug. Out of the both of us, she was the only one who ever dated someone, or went out and such. I never did much, always scared of the outside and freaking out when someone flirted with me. I guess you can say that I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to relationships.

She soon noticed the change in my mood and scooted closer to me. She rested her head on my shoulder and sighed.

"Well.." She said, out of the blue.

"Well what?"

"Well, I know for sure there is someone out there for you, maybe he's just too shy to show himself yet, y'know? You're truly wonderful Mari, a truly special girl" She said as she gave me a hug and then continued to laying back down on the floor.

"I just hope I find him soon, I'm not getting any younger"

"Del, you're 22 years old" Toonz replies back with a chuckle.

"So? I can feel my grey hairs rising" I say, throwing my hand on my head and dramatically falling over.

We laid there laughing until it reached 8 pm. By then, we were up and talking about our idols.

"What shall we watch tonight, my dear Toonz?"

She took a moment to think, then quickly looking back at me and spoke.

"Umm.. how about Septiplier?"

"Septiplier?" I asked confused.

"C'mon Del, you're acting like you've never heard of Markiplier and Jacksepticeye"

I tilted my head in confusion as Toonz only looked at me wide eyed. She jumped up, grabbing my shoulders and looking me directly in the eye. It didn't last long, as she let me go, golfing back a laugh.

"How dare you call yourself my best friend without knowing about Septiplier!" She says, as she finally bursts out laughing.

"You never told me about them!" I reply giggling at how she was acting.

"Well, sit your ass right there and we'll watch them. It's time you become educated in the wonderful world of Youtuber ships!" She says excitedly, patting the ground next to her.

"Okay find, but after that, I have to catch up on my Destiel!" I reply, taking my teddy bear back in my hands as I got comfortable on the floor.

"Destiel?" She said back, just as confused as I was earlier.

"Oh.. shut up"

• • •

Message from the author:

Hopefully you all enjoyed this new and exciting chapter! This story happens to be re-written from my first, and can I say, I am so proud of the improvement I have made with it!

Sorry for such the long wait for the book, I can assure you that I should have these done in a great and timely manner, not to say that they'll also be less awkward.. :'0