12 | Nobody Should Stand In The Way Of True Love

"You got a second?" I asked Rocky while I walked through my living room. I did a quick twirl and raised my eyebrows at him. "Looks good." He smiled, complimenting my outfit. 

I was attending the Billboard Music Awards tonight with him, and I was extremely nervous. Laura was also going to be there and I wasn't sure where we stood after I basically professed my love for her the other day. I wasn't even sure she felt the same. I think she did. We were both pretty confused at this point. If our relationship was a story, I'd feel bad for the readers. That'd be some pretty complicated shit to understand. 

"Do you think she'll like it?" I asked nervously. "Ross, calm down. Laura and you are soulmates. You could show up in a trash bag and she'd still drool." Rocky admitted. "Is that like, a dare or something?" I smirked. "No, Ross. I was just trying to make a point. You look good." Rocky said and I smiled proudly. 

"Are you guys back together?" Rocky asked, and the smile fell from my face. "I don't think so. I've never been more confused about our relationship." I admitted, running a hand through my hair. "Well, you should probably figure that out." Rocky smirked and I rolled my eyes.

He was right though. 

_________________

The BBMAs are a pretty routine show. I performed here last year because I was on tour and Laura did as well but this year it was pretty quiet. It was an enjoyable evening, but part of me couldn't shake how nervous I was. Laura was here somewhere and I knew that I wanted to talk with her, but that was proving difficult since I didn't have a clue about where she was. 

"Ross." Rocky whispered to me, and I looked over to him and saw him pointing. I followed the direction he was pointing in and noticed he was pointing at Laura. She was wearing a tight black dress that clung perfectly to her everywhere. It was longer and suited her perfectly. Her hair was swept to one side as she stood talking to Ariana Grande casually. I knew they were friends, but it appeared that they were a lot closer than I thought. 

"Go talk to her." Rocky offered, and I shrugged. "She's busy. I'll talk to her later, now that I know what to look for. She's stunning." I mumbled, causing Rocky to laugh. "You're so in love with her, it's funny." He snickered. I swatted him in the arm, not stopping the smile forming on my own face. He was right. 

I took a deep breath and got up from my seat. "I'm going to go talk to her." I told Rocky, and all he did was smirk and wave me off. 

As soon as I caught a full glimpse of her I felt my heart still in my chest. She was so beautiful that it hurt. 

"Thanks Ariana, you too." Laura said, giving her a hug before returning to her seat. I walked up to her and gently tapped her shoulder. She turned around and gently smiled when she saw me. "Hey." I said softly. "You look amazing." I admitted. Laura smiled and stood up to greet me. "I hope I look amazing, because my feet are killing me and this dress is making it hard to breathe." She laughed. I laughed and shook my head. 

"I think you look perfect." I told her, watching her cheeks heat up. "Thank you, Ross. You look great too. Are you looking forward to tomorrow?" She asked me. 

Tomorrow I was releasing the debut single from my upcoming album and I was kind of nervous about it, but mainly excited. "Yeah, half nervous, half excited. Just really anxious to see what everyone thinks." I explained, kneeling down beside her in the aisle. "Well, I really loved it when you sent it to me. I'm sure everyone else will, too." Laura smiled. 

I nodded and looked down. "Do you think we're going to, I don't know, talk about what happened between us?" I asked quietly. "Ross-" Laura started. "I know, it's not the place or time to do it here. But do you want to meet me for lunch tomorrow?" I asked, hoping she would go for it and not totally turn me down.