Adults all the Way

Start from the beginning

"And I don't really know what to do about it. She was the only girlfriend I ever really had. The only partner. And I just... miss her."

"It's strange.", Harry agreed, "When the person you share everything with, suddenly isn't there anymore."

"Man, I know it's not nearly the same as..."

But again Harry didn't let him finish: "No, I know it's not. But losing your partner is always hard, no matter why. The everyday things are what gets to you."

Tony didn't know what to say to that, but Harry didn't really expect him to answer anyway.

"I thought", Harry continued, when Tony didn't say anything, "That we might go out tonight."

Tony stared at him. "What?"

"Out. Us. You know? You do realize that there is this fancy club we are both members of? We pay the pretty hefty fees, but I don't think either of us has ever been."

"That weird gentlemen club Dad only went to, because after he married Mom it was inappropriate to go to strip clubs anymore?", Tony questioningly raised his eyebrow, only half joking.

"Yes. That one. He did grumble about it all the time, saying it was boring because it didn't allow women, but maybe...", Harry stopped and raised his shoulders in a questioning gesture, "Maybe it's fun. I don't know. I have never tried."

"So you want to apparate us to New York and have a nice glass of Scotch.", Tony concluded. He just really had to make sure that this was really what Harry was saying.

"Why not? We are two grown-ass men. Who'd stop us?"

"Your girlfriend?", Tony teased and then smiled when he saw Harry's happy grin. It had been almost four years since Ginny's death and Tony was thankful beyond belief, that Harry was smiling about someone again.

"She won't mind.", Harry laughed, "She said she wouldn't be with me, if she could trust me that little."

Tony felt a sudden sting. Pepper would have minded.

How did Harry actually manage to find two women that were generally cool about things?! He looked at his little brother lounging on his couch and just gave up. He would probably never be able to understand his brother.

"So?", Harry asked and Tony realized he had been silent for far too long.

"Okay. Yes. Let's do it.", he hurried, still unsure though, if he really wanted. Too late now, he thought, as he looked into his brother's happy face.

"We should ask the others.", Harry continued, "It would probably be fun."

The others, Tony knew, where Wanda, Cap and Vision.

"Wanda won't be allowed in anyway.", Tony told Harry, "Not to mention the fact that she probably really doesn't want to spend her evening with us old folks."
"Please talk about yourself. I am young and dashing."

"Wanda is roughly the same age as your oldest son.", Tony deadpanned.

"Fuck off.", Harry informed him lovingly.

Tony just kept on laughing, as he got up from his seat and left to find the other current inhabitants of the Compound. Although Wanda and Vision were the only ones actually LIVING here, one could find the other Avengers more often than not, eating themselves through Tony's fridge.

Harry followed closely behind, still chuckling to himself and Tony was just incredibly relieved that Harry was there. No one else could ever lift his mood that quickly.

They found the other three sitting in the kitchen/community area, with Steve eating what looked like three Pizzas and Vision and Wanda watching him with fascination. One did never really get used to Cap's metabolism.