Prologue

The Holy Roman Empire 927 AD

The loud CLANG of two blades clashing against one another caused a faint ring in my ears as I struggled to keep up my defense from my much larger opponent as he swings his large Dane-axe at my neck, forcing me to block his blow with my sword creating an even louder CLANG and my sword to vibrate violently causing my hands to get sore and loose their grip on the hilt. Luckily my opponent's swing was large enough he needed a split second to fully recover his swing allowing me enough time to take several steps back and to shake the numbness out of my hands.

My opponent, now having fully recovered from his swing smirked at me. He had some sort ancient ritualistic tattoos on his face in a pattern which I could not recognize, his skin was light but rough, the man was probably from the northern isles, that or some sort of ancient Celtic warrior.

His smirk turned into a grin showing pointed teeth that look like he had filed down, probably for intimidation if nothing else. "So you're the one they call the Ronin? I must say it's most disappointing to know that  someone as weak as you has bigger name than me, but it soon won't  matter once I take your head because-"I begin to roll my eyes and give a small sigh in annoyance. They always do this, always go on about how're they're warriors of fearsome reputations, always boasting about how many heads they've claimed and how my head will be next and it really gets wary after awhile. Raising my family blade up I repossession my stance and face him not really paying attention to his speech self indulgence. "-and so that is why I Albero of the Visigoths! Will claim your head!"

I say nothing, simply staring him down with a blank expression. My opponent who's name is Albero apparently, snarled at my silence. "Very well," he said before charging at me raising his axe for a strike. Closing my eye's I took a deep breath counting down. 1...2...3...4...NOW! Shooting my eye's open to see Albero now in front of me bringing his axe down towards my head, without thought I move my blade to his axe redirecting his strike into my left shoulder cutting off my arm. The pain was intense but after loosing limbs countless of times I've learned to ignore it. With my sword still gripped in my right hand and Albero now left exposing his neck due to his failed attack grant me the window of opportunity I need, and so without hesitation I swung my blade across his neck and his head fell shortly after.

Albero's eyes went wide as his head fell from his body and onto the ground. "I...I don't understand..." His severed head spoke with shock as his headless body stumbled a bit but remained on his feet. "Who...who are you?" His head asked as his body began to shake. Here it comes.

"I'm just a drifter looking to change the world," I say before a bright pillar of lighting shot out of Albero's body and into mine. I scream in agony as I live out visions of Albero's life. His childhood, his love life, the atrocities he had committed in adulthood, all the way up to the point I take his head.

Soon the visions fade and the pain goes away, leaving me to fall on my knees panting exhausted from the whole ordeal. Returning to my feet I look down at Albero's body and severed head to see them unmoving. "Sorry for the disappointment," I say before flexing me left arm which is once again attached to my body. Sheathing my blade I turn and walk away.

Nobody said being immortal was glamours.