Chapter 1: THE BEGINNING OF A TRAGEDY

...TRIGGER WARNING, SOME TOPICS MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS...

Would you die for love? Would you kill for love, would you forget everything you know for love? Would you leave behind your loved ones for them? These are the type of questions I asked myself every single day and never seemed to have an answer for until he came. (Sebastian Greenhills). The guy that would steal my heart and never give it back to me.

...LOVE THAT KILLS...
CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING OF A TRAGEDY

September 12th, 2022...

"Lewis, Lewis. Lewiss fuck-in Merced. Wake your dumbass up now!!" Davis yelled throwing a shoe at me.

"Hey, what the fuck dude! You could've let me sleep in for at least one more minute or a couple more seconds before throwing a shoe at me?" Davis loved waking me up in the most annoying ways.

One time he filled up a bucket with ice and chuck it at me. My face was covered with bruises from the ice cube's he threw at me.

"I could just let you walk but mom hates when I let you walk which is stupid because I had to walk all four years of high school before I got my driving license.

Anyways get up I have to be at work early today." Davis turned away from the doorway of my bed.

I rolled over to my phone checking the time, "Shit, I barely have any time to shower." I took a minute for myself before getting myself up and out of bed.

A few minutes late I walked down the hallway heading towards the kitchen where Davis was eating his breakfast burrito. I made myself known by throwing his shoe back at him.

"Oops, sorry. I guess I don't know my own aim," I said smirking as I walked to the refrigerator to grab an apple.

After Davies finished eating his breakfast burrito he stood up from the kitchen table and walked over to the counter to grab both his keys and police badge.

I took one bite of my apple before reaching for my bag and following Davis out the front door.

Davis started the car he waited a couple of secs for the car to warm up before pulling out of the driveway.

I turned the radio on and skipped through stations till I found one with a song I knew. When I turned up the volume Davis quickly turned it down.

"Hey, why'd you turn it down?" I asked.

Davis stayed silent for a cool minute before responding to me.

"It's mom?!" He said coming to a stop at a red light.

"What about mom?" I asked leaning back in my seat.

I noticed his lips start to tremble as he continued to speak.

"Mom is drinking again, I found a bottle hidden away under her bed."

My mom had started drinking when shit started getting bad with our dad. But she stopped when our dad was arrested and sent to prison for something that she never want us to know about.

"Are you sure it was a bottle?"

"Yes I am sure it was a bottle and it was halfway gone which means she's been drinking for some time now." Davis tried to keep his tone at a steady paste.

"Have you asked her why she's been drinking again?"

"No, and you better not either. Shell just yell and get completely defensive."

Davis pulled up into the school's drop-off zone and unlocked my door.

Before stepping out of the car I looked over to my older brother and asked him knowing he wouldn't have a guaranteed answer. "Is she going to be okay?" I said pushing back a tear.

"I don't know but.. we will be there for her when she's ready."

Hearing him say that made me feel a little less scared.

I turned away from him and walked out the door. I took a couple of steps away from Davis's car going towards the cement pavement that lead to the two blue doors.

I took a couple of seconds to get myself adjusted and ready for the day. I looked at my black screen to check myself and made sure that I was smiling. I know it's not good to bottle up your feelings but if you don't want others to pry and constantly ask if you're okay then it's the only way. 

                                    ***

"Sir Greenhill's it is almost time for school," Garrett said placing down the serving tray on the dining room table.

"Thanks but Garrett remember you don't have to do that Sir Greenhill's thing with me. I'm not my dad.

My name will do just fine."

"I'll take note of that anyways here's your breakfast for the day."

Garrett pulled up the mental pan revealing my favorite dish; "Yum... Honeymoon eggs! My favorite." I took one good smell before digging in.

"Would you like some Garrett?" I offered.

"I couldn't. It's yours." Garrett said declining my offer.

"I incest there's plenty to go around," I said holding up a fork.

"Alright, maybe just one." Garrett grabbed the fork out of my hand and took the seat next to me.

"Umm... hey Garrett by any chance did my parents call?"

"Afraid not yet. But... am sure they will eventually." Garrett said.

"I doubt that. It's been weeks since they left." I put down my fork on the serving tray and pushed back my chair to get out.

Garrett frowned then quickly changed his facial expression to his normal smiling one. He scooted out from the seat and picked up the serving tray to wash.

"Shall I get the limbo?"

"No, I think I'll just walk today. See you after school." I grabbed my bag and turned away from Garrett.

On my way to school, I stopped by Rio to buy some Eds.
"Hey, Rio you got any Eds?"

Rio me a side smirk then walked to the other side of the grudge where he picked up any old Highschool gym bag.

"You're just in luck I have one left." They said proudly while shaking a bag of gummies.

"Oh, yes thanks Rio how much?" I asked pulling out my wallet.

Rio took a sec to think before answering.

"It depends on how much you got on you right now?"

"I got a 100-dollar bill will that work?" I said taking out the bill from my wallet.

Without any hesitation, Rio snatched the dollar and slid the bag of gummy's over to me.

"Thanks again," I said waving bye to them.

Rio was too distracted by the bill to notice me leaving.

As I approached the school doors I stopped midway, opening up the bag and popping one of the gummies in my mouth before entering the school.

...TO BE CONTINUED...