||-||

Roger may have been pissed about having to come in on their day off but that soon faded when Freddie explained the concept he had for the song.

It was called Don't Stop Me Now and although Freddie only had the chorus when they arrived, they knew it wouldn't be hard for him to come up with the rest of it.

"We'll release it as a single!" Freddie says enthusiastically and Brian has to be the one to tell him to slow down, "We don't even know if we like it, Fred."

They spend the next hour working on the song and that's when the receptionist taps on the door, giving them an apologetic smile when she pops her head in, "Sorry. Roger, Rebecca's on the phone."

Freddie lights up a cigarette, "If she's in labour, tell her that she's going to have to wait."

"Fuck off, mate," Roger laughs as he gets up. His friend clearly didn't quite know how long pregnancy lasted, "I'll be back in a few."

He follows the receptionist out into the lobby, giving her a smile when she grabs her empty mug to go refill it, giving him some privacy and picks up the phone.

"Rebecca? Hiya love, we-"

"Rog?" The first thing he notices, is that she's crying and immediately, his heart jumps and he knows that something is wrong, "Rog, I'm sorry. I really am but-"

"Woah, woah, woah," he says quickly, "Bex, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"The car," she sobs, "This guy, he came out of nowhere. I-I-"

"Wait, someone's hit you? Where are you?"

She doesn't answer, instead rambling on about how sorry she is about that car and he has to practically yell her name to get her to be quiet so he can ask her again where she is and once she manages to stutter out an answer, he tells her that he'll be there soon before hanging up.

"John," he breathes, crashing back into the studio, "John, I need you to give me a lift."

"What's going on, Rog?" Brian asks, watching his friend grab his jacket.

"Is Becca okay?"

"I don't know," he admits, "She says someone's hit her in the car. I-where the fuck is my wallet?"

Freddie picks it up from the table beside him and hands it over while John grabs his keys.

"John," Brian calls once Roger has vacated the room, "You let us know, yeah?"

"Yeah, of course."

"John, will you hurry the fuck up?"

||-||

All the way there, Roger taps anxiously on his knee to try and keep himself calm. She had to be fine, right? She was obviously up and walking. And she had managed to ring him at the studio. She was fine.

Though when they pull onto the road that Rebecca said that she was on, traffic is trailed back and up ahead, they can see an ambulance.

Okay, Roger thinks, just one. That's not too bad, right?

"I think this is as close as I can get you, Rog," John says quietly and the blonde quickly undoes his seatbelt.

"That's fine," he mumbles, kicking the door open, "Thanks?"

"Do you want me to wait?" John yells as the door slams shut, Roger not hearing a word he said and he nods to himself, "Yeah, I'll wait."

Roger makes his way through the waiting cars, towards the front where the ambulance is but she's not there. She's not with the paramedics and he spins in a circle to try and find her.