The next day, while going about my job as usual, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened the day before. I thought that he might be in show business but I couldn't think of anybody like him.

He had handsome features which could pass for an actor...

"Humm, this is going to keep bothering me..." But I didn't really have time to escape reality thinking about that.

I had to think about what to do to pay off the $500,00.

"Do you have a moment?" My boss asked, interrupting my thoughts

"Ah, yes!"

"It seems that we finally got a good response form a major company we've been pursing, but they insist on having you there for the meeting."

"Huh!? Me?"

"Yes...do you know this company?"

I saw Platinum Corporation written on the document handed to me by my boss. As a secretary at the publicity agency, I hand, of course, seen the name of the company before.

"This is...quite a big company, isn't it? I think it's an IT communication company...don't they also have other companies in their group?"

"You're right" answered my boss "and we really want to seal the deal and get a contract with them. I don't know why they want you to come, but can I count on you?"

"Ah..." to be honest I'm scared to go. I had no idea why such a big company would request my presence, but it was the company's order and related to my work. I had to do what they asked of me. "Ok. I will, but even if I go I'm just a secretary and don't know what I should do there."

"You can start by taking these" he handed me some folders "they're detailed documents detailing the terms and conditions we offered and the actual contract it self."

"The contract!?" I stared down at the folders "such an important thing...

"Hey, you don't have much time to get to the appointment."

When I left my department, I felt as if everyone was rushing me out of there.

"If you get into any trouble, call us right away" my boss seemed more nervous that I did. If I made any mistakes, it would directly affect the contract.

But why do they want me to go? With a feeling of anticipation and more than a few doubts I headed to Platinum for the appointment.

Compared to the size if my company, Platinum was on a completely different scale. It was a major company with more than 3,000 employees and the entire top 4 floors of the building, from the 39th to the 42nd, were occupied by them.

I managed to get past the front desk somehow.

Standing there in a daze, the receptionist had smiled cheerfully and told me "Thank you for waiting. Someone will be here soon to escort you."

It seemed that a security guard would take me to the appointed place.

The guard came to the front desk and led me up to 42nd floor, the top floor.

...is it usual for a meeting room to be on the top floor? In the case of a major company occupying several floors, the top floor usually had the president's office and executive offices. Any meeting room on the upper floor would be for them.

Let me think about this calmly...this is...definitely strange. This major company had named me, a mere secretary, to come here from a little-known publicity agency and I was to facilitate the meeting. Everything was completely strange.