Accusations and Nightmares

Start from the beginning

George finally looked away from me and to his two brothers before letting his eyes nervously scan the room. "Don't be stupid, I was only joking," he said easily with that stupid Weasley charm that could make you believe anything.

"Didn't sound like that," Ron deadpanned not falling for their tricks. The twins shared an unreadable look before turning back to their younger brother. "I've told you
before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like it the shape it is. Can't see why you
would, but -"

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone," Ron shouted sounding quite exasperated, but I can't blame him I'm feeling the same way. "George's right, you
could end up in serious trouble for that."

"Told you, I was joking," George tried again as he snatched the letter from Fred's hand, and before I know what I'm doing my wand is in my hand. "Accio letter!" And it flies to my hand and I cover the name not daring to look at it. "I think it is our business if you're going to get yourselves in trouble, now one last chance tell us what's going on."

"Mar please don't..."

"Who's the god damn letter for George Weasley!" I shout my fist tightening around the parchment, but Fred just lifts his wand muttering the same spell to get back much to my dismay.

"You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a prefect." Fred continues ignoring my statement and handing the letter back to George so he can give it to a random barn owls ankle.

"No, I won't!" said Ron hotly.
George tisked teasingly carrying the barn owl over to the window and it took off. He then spun around to grin at Ron.

"And what's wrong with being a prefect?" Leah snapped as Fred nodded his head in agreement, but as soon as she speaks up he froze and looked at her for the first time since entering. "Oh you've done it this time brother." George snickers and quickly swatting him away he wraps Leah up in a quick hug kissing her head.

"You're my favorite prefect because you still know how to have fun." Leah hums a twinkle in her eyes, but I can see the skepticism written on her features because of the whole blackmail situation.

"And Ron stop telling people what to do and it won't happen. See you later." And just as quickly as they appeared they left George blowing me a quick kiss, and we stayed behind still completely lost and dumbfounded.

"You don't think they know something about all this, do you?" Hermione finally spoke up "About Crouch and everything?" And I silently shook my head as Harry voiced my opinions for me reassuring us that they'd tell Dumbledore if it was that serious.

However Ron seemed to be thinking the exact opposite, and refused to meet my eyes.
"What's the matter?" Hermione asked setting a hand on his shoulder carefully.

"Well. . ." He started but quickly stopped, "I dunno if they would. They're . . . they're obsessed with making money lately, I noticed it when I was hanging around with them -when - you know -"

"We weren't talking." Harry finished the sentence for him looking rather annoyed that we keep bringing it up.

"It's this joke shop idea they've got," Ron explained. "I thought they were only saying it to annoy Mum, but they really mean it, they want to start one. They've only got a
year left at Hogwarts, they keep going on about how it's time to think about their
future, and Dad can't help them, and they need gold to get started."

Hermione turned to both of us looking rather uncomfortable now, but I just felt stupid. How could I have not noticed anything?

"Yes, but. . . they wouldn't do anything against the law to get gold." She argues and I look to my left see Leah bobbing her head in agreement