The wedding

The party was in full swing. The guests were all having a good time. 23 year old Piper Hart smiled as she watched the bride and groom looking lovingly into each other's eyes as they swayed slowly in the middle of the dance floor.

"Want a drink?" Said a deep voice behind her.

Piper smirked before turning around. Just as expected, the best man was standing there holding a flute of champagne.

"Thanks Jasp." She answered before taking a sip.

"You did a really good speech, very moving!" Complimented the older guy.

"Yeah well, you know me...I love making old aunts cry." She replied whispering the last part.

The 26 year old laughed while shaking his head. While Piper had matured a lot and her temperament had gotten better, she still had quite an attitude. Although, Jasper had to admit that he wouldn't want it any other way.

"Your speech was really touching too." she continued with a small smile.

"Sure it was!" Jasper started sarcastically. "When I wasn't stuttering, I was having 'allergies'." He said quoting the last part referring to his lame excuse as to why he kept rubbing his eyes.

"That's what made it so touching. You kept going despite your 'allergies' !" she said elbowing him. "Just admit you enjoy watching old aunts cry too."

"You got me there." he joked winking.

Then nodding towards the happy couple, he continued.

"Look at them...makes you kind of jealous right?" he admitted still smiling.

"Yeah...too bad we can't all have that." Piper replied looking at her brother and her best friend.

That statement took Jasper by surprise.

"What do you mean?" he asked the small girl.

"Well...we can't all end up with someone we've known our whole life." she said sighing.

Jasper pondered in silence over that sentence before changing the subject.

"You think things are gonna change between us now?" he questionned her.

"Why would they?" she looked confusingly at him. "I mean you've been best friends with them your whole life, Henry's my brother and Charlotte's been my best friend since I was a teenager...why would anything change between us four because they are married?"

"That's not what I meant." he said softly.

"What?" she asked even more confused.

Instead of answering, Jasper cleared his throat before asking:

"Wanna dance?" he said nonchalantly.

"Umm, sure." Piper answered putting down her glass and following him on the dance floor.

She didn't understand anything about those last few sentences but she didn't push farther. That's Jasper for you, leaving you confused without any deeper explanation.

They were dancing in silence, both lost in thoughts without noticing the glances from the newly weds.

"When will they realize they are perfect for each other?" asked Charlotte whispering to her husband.

"Those kind of things can take time, I mean look at us!" he answered before pecking her lips.

The beautiful bride couldn't restrain a smile as she recalled how long it took them before they understood they were made for each other.

"Yeah well, we had seen each other as best friends for so long, it was kind of hard to see us differently." she replied.

"Just like it's hard for them to see the other in a new light. Though, they already have changed the way they once saw each other...remember when Piper hated him? Then they slowly became friends and once we started dating, they became really close friends as they tagged along with us everywhere." Henry summarized.

His wife agreed nodding her head.

"You know, I'm not sure that Piper ever really hated him." admitted Charlotte. "Maybe she had a little crush on him and it was her way of getting his attention?"

"If so, mission accomplished!" Henry laughed remembering all the beatings his best friend had received from his little sister.

Looking at her best friend, Charlotte noticed Piper's bittersweet expression as she danced with Jasper. 'She never hated him!' thought Charlotte confirming her suspicion.

What do you guys think? Should I continue this story?