"Life is beautiful with my angel"

She is cheerful while I am reserved. She easily mingles with everyone while I am shy. She loves to dance and have fun while I can't even shake a leg. She likes to talk while I am a listener. She has a beautiful voice while I am a bathroom singer. She likes places where she can meet new people and interact while I like to be in my own zone. She likes to party with friends while I like my alone time. She is beautiful while I am, well, I am nothing in front of the guys she has a crush on. She is Geet and I am Maan. She is nothing like me and yet I feel I share a connection with her.

It has been close to 3 years since I am here in Trivandrum working as a Software Engineer with an MNC. The place is beautiful and people here are nice and welcoming but the initial excitement to live here starts to wear off when you start craving North Indian food and of course, misses chatting in anything but English (or Malayalam). My team here consists of around 20 people and I was the only North Indian guy. Since I don't know the native language, I was usually left out of the conversations that had nothing to do with the office work. Not that I am a big talker anyway, but there are times when you want that there is someone with whom you can talk freely without the formalities of English. I never realized this until Geet came into my life argh I mean Geet came in the office, last year. She is a bubby girl and her presence in the office has changed the entire atmosphere of the office. Suddenly we have started celebrating birthdays in the office, going on weekend trips have become a regular thing, hanging out after office hours, eating lunch together is a new law nowadays and so on. It is not as if she forces us all in these things rather we all have started to enjoy together and have created a new friendly bond instead of just being regular co-workers.

In between all this, I never realized when and how I fell for her. Maybe it's her sweet nature or the way she talks so calmly. Maybe it's the way she does her work with utmost dedication or the way she is so friendly with all. Maybe it's just how her eyes lit up when she smiles. Maybe it's just how easily she deals with my anger and instantly calms me down. Maybe it's the way she has made me so comfortable with her that I have a found a great friend in her with whom I am willing to share my feelings, the thought that is so alien to my usual introvert self. I think it is mostly because of who she is, so beautiful, both inside out. I am not sure if I will ever be able to tell her what she means to me but there are times when I fail to imagine my life without her.

"Maan...!! Maaan... I am brought out of my thoughts by the sweetest voice in the world. How can someone be so sweet and just so beautiful, "Maan...are you listening Maan? she tried again. "Huh..? Han Geet...yes tell me? I replied finally gaining some control over my senses. "Maan...Where are you lost? Are you feeling ok? I have been trying to call you for so long and you are not replying... she said. I cleared my throat "Han voh...I am fine Geet, sorry mera dhayan kahi aur tha... "Bolo Geet, what were you saying? Kuch kaam tha? I asked. "Uffo Maan, kuch kaam hoga tohi bula skti hun kya? Geet replied irritated. "Uhh Nahi Geet, I did not mean it that way, bolo toh kya baat hai? I tried pacifying her and suddenly she gets all excited, "Maan, everyone has planned a trip to Varakala this weekend. I just came here to inform you that we will be leaving Thursday evening, long weekend hai na...maza ayega and we will return back Sunday evening. "Varkala? Geet, I am not interested, you guys go and have fun... I replied not really wanting to go anywhere. It is true that I like spending time with Geet, but I still am not much fan of trips, I prefer being alone and relax in my room over the weekend. "Areh, aise kaise nahi interested? Maine toh sbko bol diya ki hum jayenge... she retorted. "Han toh ab sab ko bol do k I am not going, tumhe mujhse puchna chahiye tha na, tumhe pta hai k mujhe ghumne ka zada showk nahi hai and mujhe... I was saying but she cut me in between "akele rehna zada pasand hai...I know aap sadu ho lekin har baar aise akele rehna zaroori hai kya? Please Maan chalo na...aap nahi jaoge toh theek hai fir main bhi nai jaungi... "Tum kyu nahi jaogi? Please Geet, tum jao and enjoy karo, tumhe toh ghumna firna pasand hai... I tried convincing her but she instead replied, "Han pasand toh hai but main aapke bina vahan akele jaake kya karungi? 24 ghante English mein pattar pattar krte main pak jaungi Maan, I will be so bored...Please chaliye na!! "Lekin Geet... I tried to make her understand but she insisted with her cute pout, "Please Maan...please mere liye..., now how could I have refused to that. So, I agreed and was rewarded with a beautiful smile on her angelic smile "Thank you so much Maan!! "You are always welcome Geet but han maine tumhe bore hone se bacha liya but you have to make sure I do not get bored, I replied with a mischievous smile. Her smile got even wider listening to that, "Aap fikar mat kijiye Maan ji, main pura dhayan rakhungi k jahanpanah ko kisi cheez ki kami na ho... We both laughed at that.