"I fell for you without even knowing it"

Start from the beginning

"Mhm" he grunted in agreement, he picked up 2 bottles and shoved them into his denim jacket pockets, he then stole the cigarette from your fingers and balanced it between his lips, turning towards the door. You waved goodbye at Tommy and Carol and the pair of you left the party behind.

The night was mild with a small breeze as the pair of you walked

"You meet anyone in there?" Billy asked, as he always did.

"Nah" you answered, as you usually did.

"Saving yourself for me?" he replied with a charming grin, blowing smoke from his nose.

"Am I that transparent?" you said sarcastically, laughing.

"Hey, wait, one second" you stopped walking and he looked at you, confused, you stepped up close to him and examined his face, Billy licked his lips as he focused his blue eyes on you.

"W-what..?" he said softly.

You sucked on the sleeve of your hoodie and started rubbing the light pink lipstick mark off his cheek gently and you watched him sigh.

"Clean yourself up, buster" you laughed and caught his eye as you finished scrubbing the smudge from his face, Billy swayed forward towards you, his face almost colliding with yours and you pressed a hand on his chest, steadying him.

"Careful" you hummed as you checked his skin for any more remnants of makeup, then stroked his cheek lightly with your thumb and nodded.

"There, we go. All gone" Billy swayed forward again towards you and you raised your eyebrows.

"Come on, let's get to mine, you need to sleep this off, you're having trouble even standing big guy" You giggled as you stepped away from him and started walking home, over your shoulder you heard Billy sigh deeply before turning to follow you.

*

You stirred slowly in bed, running your tongue around your dry mouth and squinting up at the clock, 11.45am. Billy was asleep and snoring lightly into the nape of your neck, his arm lightly draped over your waist, his knees bent into yours tightly, his other arm hidden under the pillow. Slowly you ran your fingertips up his forearm gently, you had to admit you did like these soft mornings, the closeness between you two was enticing and sometimes you thought about what would happen if you rolled over and gave yourself to him. But your head knew better, you didn't judge Billy for the way he treated girls but you knew he wasn't one for attachment, plus, you were friends, in his eyes and your eyes, you were almost sure of that.

"Mmm" Billy hummed at your touch, tightening his grip around your waist and pulling you into him, you stiffened up as you felt him press his morning wood into the small of your back.

"Billy..." you said with a small laugh.

He snorted a giggle and released his grip on you.

"Sorry." he shifted on the sheets and rolled over with his back to you, huffing as he did so. You glanced over your shoulder at him, watching the way the muscles contracted in his back as he settled down, your eyes then fell upon the red nail marks etched into his skin from the night before.

"You want coffee?" you asked him softly.

"You know I don't drink that shit, why do you ask me every time I stay?" he grumbled back, huskily.

"Just being polite, jerk" you said back playfully and you saw his shoulders shake as he laughed silently.

Groaning as you got up, you headed to the kitchen and switched on the coffee machine, tapping your foot on the cold, tile floor. After a while you saw Billy appear in your bedroom doorway, he had gotten fully dressed and he was looking at you, but his expression was odd, his eyebrows were furrowed and he was fiddling with his hands.