• Chapter Three •

Start from the beginning

"Can't any of these screens help me find Simon?" Clary walked throughout the main hall. "Where is he anyway, some crypt in Transylvania?"

"Those were Camille's locals right?" Jace asked.

"They're at the Hotel Dumort." Isabelle said as she sat on the table.

"And we came back here. Why? Let's go now!" Clary stressed.

"We need a Clave resolution for that." Alec rolled his eyes at her causing the red head to look at him in disbelief.

"The six of us can't declare war on the vampires all by ourselves." Aaliyah said.

"Plus we can't react without considering our options." Allison folded her arms.

"Downworlders are slaves to their impulses--" Alec was cut off in mid-sentence by Isabelle.

"Alec, not all Downworlders are like that." Alec smirked teasingly at his sister.

"Oh right, Seelies have their charms."

Isabelle rolled her eyes playfully with a smile.

Jace smirked at her "Right." He winked playfully while Allison and Aaliyah merely smiled with amusement.

"What are Seelies?" Clary asked.

"They're like Faeries. The Fairfolk, like Pixies, Nixies, Elves. Anyone half angel and half demon." Jace explained.

"My sister can tell you all about them." Aaliyah smirked slightly.

"Yeah, she's got a thing." Alec smirked.

Isabelle looked at both her twin and older brother. "We've all our things, don't we?" Their smirks soon faded, causing Isabelle to smirk at them.

"Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon has been kidnapped by vampires." Clary began to walk towards the door. "I guess I'll just get him myself."

Jace looked at her retreating figure. "Clary, you're going to get yourself killed."

"Please do." Allison muttered.

Jace gave his twin a look.

"I mean, aww, wouldn't that be a tragedy?" The blonde female said with sarcasm.

Jace sighed with a slight shake of the head before looking at Clary again. "Clary, you'll get Simon killed too." The red head paused in step.

She walked back to the group at the table. "Then help me." She glared at them.

Jace began laying down their plan to get Simon back when Alec stopped him.

"Even if we went ahead with this, I don't see how we are getting out of here without explaining we we're going. We'll need weapons and we can't let anyone see us get them." The hazel eyed male said.

Jace stood silent for a minute before he smirked. "I know where we can get what we need."

"