When it's time for the band to go on, she excuses herself from the conversation and goes to find Roger, patting John on the back as she passes him.

Roger has his own pre-show rituals, they all do. He tends to favour jumping up and down on the spot a couple of times, shaking out his wrists and the one that Rebecca frowns upon; he'll also take a shot or two before they go on.

"Good luck," she hums when she reaches him, "Not that you need it. I've heard Freddie, he sounds incredible."

"Thank you, my darling but I always sound like that," he says as he passes, "Have you seen Mary?"

Before Rebecca can answer, he and Roger and shepherded towards the stage but Roger shrugs Paul's hand from his shoulder to come back and kiss her but she pulls away, face screwed up in mild disgust, "What?"

"Not kissing me with tequila breath," she shakes her head, "Feels like it could make me hurl."

Rolling his eyes, he takes her hand to lead her to the side of the stage, where she'd be watching with Alice and Hannah since John's mum offered to keep an eye on Charlotte backstage.

It was strange; they'd worked out that although Hannah found out she was pregnant before her, it turns out that Rebecca was actually a couple of weeks ahead - not that anyone could tell.

Hannah already had a bump - which admittedly had made Rebecca worry. She kept asking herself, why didn't she have one? Surely, if she was further along, she should have a bump too, right?

And she wouldn't tell anyone, but she actually rang Katie, who told her that it was normal for those who'd experienced pregnancy to show sooner. So that eased her worries significantly, but she still wondered when her bump would make an appearance.

The show was tremendous; the band had waited specifically for Madison Square to play We Will Rock You for the first time live and the crowd was deafening, just what Brian wanted.

20,000 people stamping their feet to the beat and Rebecca suddenly got an overwhelming sense of pride.

Sometimes, she still couldn't believe that this was their lives - going out on stage every night performing the songs they love. She couldn't believe how far they'd come. From rags to riches as they say.

"Are you...Rebecca, are you crying?"

She looks at Alice, who's trying not to laugh and then at Hannah, who's a little more understanding considering the outburst she had at Roger earlier.

"Shut up," she mumbles, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

Damn hormones.

||-||

"Rog,"

He feels like he's just fallen asleep when he feels and hears Rebecca trying to wake him up.

"Roger."

He keeps his eyes shut. Maybe if he ignores her, she'll give up and go to sleep but she doesn't and he feels her poke his arm.

"Rog, please."

He groans, signalling that he's awake and he swears he hears her let out a victorious, yes! "What?"

She cuddles up to his back, wrapping her arm around his waist as her forehead rests between his shoulders, "Do you think room service is still available?"

He blearily opens an eye, looking at the bedside clock that shows 3:18am, "I doubt it, love."

She whines softly, "'m hungry."

"Yeah?"

"Want some strawberries."

"Do you?"

She nods against his back, "Do you...do you think you could go down to reception and ask?"

Roger sighs into his pillow again, "It's almost half three in the morning. Are you desperate?"

Rebecca runs her lips over his shoulder, "Sprout wants them."

Dammit.

When he throws the blankets off of himself, she lets out an excited squeal and turns the bedside light on.

He pulls on some jeans, a hoodie and his trainers before grabbing the room key, "I'll be back in a bit."

Roger yawns as he makes his way down the empty hallway towards the lifts, rubbing his eyes once he's pressed the button to bring it up.

The lobby is empty except for the man behind the desk, the security guard and a couple who obviously have just arrived and are checking in and so Roger stands behind them, running a hand through his messy hair as he yawns once more.

Once they're all checked in, a member of staff leads them off to their room and the man behind the desk gives him a bright smile.

"Sir, how can I help you this evening?"

"Yeah, hi," Roger rests both elbows on the desk, "I know that this is a long shot but is there any possibility that you have someone in the kitchen right now?"

"It's three thirty in the morning."

"I realise that," he nods, "But see, my wife, she's pregnant and shes wanting some strawberries."

"I'm sorry sir. The kitchen is all locked up."

"Thought it would be," he taps on the desk, "Thanks anyway."

He yawns once more as he turns to head back upstairs when the guy speaks, "There's a twenty-four-hour convenience store a couple blocks away. They have a grocery section but I don't know if they'll have what you're looking for."

"Yeah? Well it's worth a shot, isn't it? Thanks," he squints so he can read his name badge, "Jim. How far did you say?"

He really needed to get his eyes tested.

||-||

Rebecca is almost asleep again by the time he comes back. She'd moved to the little couch in the room where she stuck on the T.V to pass the time.

She really hopes he gets them.

When she hears the door close, her eyes snap open and she quickly gets up as Roger comes into view, "Did you get them?"

For a second, he just stares at her and she thinks that he's come empty handed but then he smiles and brings a tub of the fruit from behind his back, "'course I got them, love."

Rebecca steps forward and wraps her arms around his waist before practically snatching the tub from his hands and opening it.

"Might not be as good as fresher ones," he began, pulling his hoodie over his head, "But it's all I could get."

She lets out a moan as she bites into one, head falling back against the couch that she had sat back down on, shaking her head at his words, "No, these are great."

"Kitchen was closed," he said, "Had to go to a little shop couple of blocks away."

Rebecca immediately feels guilty; not only had she woke him up, he had went trekking through the city in the dark just to make her happy.

"Rog, you shouldn't have done that..."

He falls down onto the couch beside her and lays a hand on her still flat stomach, "What Sprout wants, Sprout gets."

"Thank you," she whispers, kissing him softly as she holds up a strawberry to his mouth for him to eat, "They're good."

"Keep it," he shakes his head, kissing her forehead as he stands up, "'m going back to bed."

"I'll just have a couple more and then I'll be there."

She ate the whole punnet.

||-||

hi, hello! i feel like i should get to know you guys. you're taking time out of your busy schedules to read my story.