A sundry of 'good morning Miss Carlotta' fills the room.

I watch Mommy struggle with the sink as I sit down next to Miss Carlotta's desk.

(^outfit)

(^outfit)

(^hair)

"You got some kind of problem Star?" Miss Carlotta asks her while looking at the mail at her desk and Simone giggles.

"Star don't feel like working," I hear Simone says while sweeping.

"Star'll get pass that-"

"-Oh! my god. Oh my god!-"

"-Mommy!-"

"-What happened?" Alex asks her as we all look at her except Cotton and I run over to her.

"I just burnt myself on this busted ass sink," Star says while holding her hand and Roberta sits up.

"What's wrong with you girl? Carlotta, you got a white girl in here messing up my hair-"

"-Really?" Star asks as Roberta gets up.

"Roberta?" Mama asks as she angrily take off her smock and walks out the door.

"I'm out of here-"

"-Hey Roberta you still gotta pay," Cotton  as she drops her phone and run after her.

"Carlotta I don't know why you let that little Caucasian to work in here. She can't even work a shampoo ball, nasty attitude, always something wrong with her-"

"-What did you just say bitch? Say it one more time for me. I'm really really tired of you two Bible-thumping whores-yes you-coming in here and talking about me every single day-"

"-See that's my cue-"

"-Bye. Why is it that you think you know anything about me, where I was raised, who raised me, who was good to me black or white?-"

"-Star-"

"-Cause of what I look like?-"

"-Come on upstairs let's talk-"