{Avenged Sevenfold} Help Me Find My Way {Book 2} [30]

Start from the beginning

“I'm pretty sure I don't want to know. Andy, when we get in I'll drop you off at the center stage so you can start working with the microphones. In addition to Matt's you are going to have Zacky's too. You'll be on stage with some of the other crew and I expect you not to leave got it?”

“You're leaving me?” I said in surprise.

“I need to drop Ash off with Quentin who started setting up the merch booth, then I'll be back.”

“Oh, ok,” I said as we left the asphalt path and passed through the door to the venue that Danny was holding open.

“Andy?” He asked as he closed the door behind me. I turned towards him. “You heard what I said right?”

“Yes, Danny.”

“Good I'm holding you to that.” He led us to the stage first and dropped me off talking to a couple of the crew members. I tried to focus on the microphones and the stands as the guys he was talking to kept glancing over at me. I had worn cargo pants and a tee although this was a girls tee and not one of the band tees I normally wore so it fit a little different and I was feeling a little more self conscious.

“Be good Andy I'll be right back,” Dan called as he left the stage.

I sighed and moved the stands to the spots already marked off on stage. I had paid enough attention to the tour details that I knew about where everything needed to be located without the markers but they made it easier. The next fun thing was making sure the microphones all had batteries and would turn on. Uncle Zacky's was working fine but Matt's was only turning on for a few seconds then turning back off. I didn't know if it was the batteries or a lose wire so I attempted to open the battery case. It wouldn't budge. I sighed and tried harder. Still no luck. Juvenile as it was I stomped my foot and pulled even harder which resulted in the case popping off and the batteries going flying. I groaned and dropped down to my knees quickly picking up the battery case cover and one of the batteries. I had to quickly crawl across the stage to grab the other one that was rolling away. I slipped them into my pocket and reached for the pack of batteries on the guitar case. I froze and closed my eyes please god not now. I felt a familiar pain like a knife in my stomach and my eyes popped open. Why of all days did I have to pick today to wear khaki colored cargos? I looked around quickly but I didn't see Matt or Dan. I bit my lip. Both Matt and Dan had stressed the rules but this was an emergency. I glanced around and saw that most of the crew on stage were guys. There was one woman off to the side, Cassie who had been with Avenged in the crew for about four years. John who had been with us for ages was working to get Arin's kit on stage. I quickly walked up to him.

“John I need a huge favor.”

“What's up Andy?”

“I need you to radio Dan and tell him I had to do something off stage...”

“Whoa missy, I wasn't born yesterday. Matt...”

“John, this is an emergency! I'm not going by myself Cassie...”

“An emergency? Why don't you just wait...” he said reaching for his radio.

“I can't,” I gasp as another pain hit. I wrapped my arm around my stomach and stumbled toward Cassie. She looked up as John's voice raised up. I could tell he was saying something but I was focusing on the pain. How had I not seen this coming? Cassie was by my side in a flash and she was helping me into the bathroom. I made my way into a stall just in time to throw up my breakfast. A dull pain was starting in my head as I pulled out my emergency kit. I swallowed the pain pills and grabbed a tampon shoving the kit back in my pocket I quickly took care of business and made sure I had no visible signs. I left the stall and washed my hands splashing some cool water on my face. I then dug my kit back out of my pocket and quickly brushed my teeth and washed my mouth out. God bless whoever invented travel size bottles and those little one use tooth brushes.