•incertitude•

Start from the beginning

"Fine..." Kusuo breathed out a defeated sigh. "I'll go."

But only to prove to you that she's faking her sickness. He inwardly added upon removing the blanket covering his body.

~~~~~

Bringing a hand to the bridge of his nose, Kusuo sighed, a bag of treats that his mother had forced him to bring in his other. He didn't want to tell her mother "I told you so" but,

I told you so.

Kusuo never knew where (Y/N) lived o begin with, which resulted to him using his thoughtography and clairvoyance just locate where she is currently. But, as he did so, he had found out that she was playing video games with Aren in his place.

The psychic thought that it would just be a waste of his time to go there, since clearly, she wasn't running a fever at all. But, just as he was about to march his way back home, Kusuo realized that his mother would likely chew his ear off with a long sermon for not abiding to her requests. Neither choices sounded good for him.

But...

He ended up in front of Aren's place anyways.

On second thought, hearing an hour or maybe two-hour long scolding from an angry mother is worse.

~~~~~

"Boi! Were you even trying?" A maniacal laughter escaped my mouth as I started rolling on the carpeted floor from my victory. As I continued to rejoice, I stuck my tongue out at Aren who seemed to be extremely pissed by his loss. What a sore loser. "You lost against a girl, my dude."

Take that, sexists out there!

"Well, that's because you freaking unplugged my controller!" It was clear that a vein had popped from his head as the dark-purple haired male held the wire of his controller that, like he said, was not connected to the console. "You did this because you kept on losing."

"I was doing it on purpose." I retorted, shrugging my shoulders at him as I avoided eye contact.

"The fact that you kept on losing or the fact that you unplugged the controller?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Neither..." I trailed off before breaking into a run to his door. He's onto me!

"Come back here, you twat!" Aren exclaimed as he scrambled up from the floor, chasing me before I could get away.

"(Y/N)!"

"You'll never catch me alive!" I had already opened the door when I said so, sending him one more stick of my tongue to provoke him. Whipping my head around as I continued my daring escape, I was sadly interrupted by a disrespectful wall standing in my way. I had hit something, hard. "Fack!"

"Idiot."A hand grabbed my shoulder, pushing me away from the wall. As I looked upwards, this wall was in fact it was Cyborg Fredric Cider Man Roger No.2. "I thought you were having a fever."

"Hello to you too, Cyborg Fredric Cider Man Roger No.2." I greeted, pushing him out of the way, deciding to ignore his statement. "If you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of something important."

"And that is?" Kusuo cocked an eyebrow in question. Before I can even answer, he had already brushed past me to enter the vicinity. "Pardon the intrusion, Kobayasu."

"It's fine, Saiki. What brings you here?" Aren questioned upon greeting the strawberry haired male. "And forgive (Y/N) for running into you earlier."

"He should be the one apologizing for getting in the way." I protested, not too keen on accepting my own mistakes like every sensible person.

"You should actually apologize due to the fact that you lied to Kaa-san by saying you're running a fever, furthermore, wasting my time for coming here." Kusuo retorted as his dull eyes bore in mine. Before continuing, he handed me a bag that I, of course, accepted like every decent human being. "Aren't you guilty for lying, after Kaa-san had gone all the way to prepare those for you? I'll have you know that she's genuinely worried about you."