But my leisure time was short lived, a tired and pissed off looking Shota entering the classroom. He stood before everyone, ordering us to our seats before turning to the door where another hero entered. I knew her quite well, not by her hero alias but as Nemuri. She was very fond of me, treating me almost like a little sister.

The R-rated hero Midnight

"Good morning everyone, I'll be your Modern hero art history teacher. If you don't know who I am, you surely must be living under a rock. You can call me Midnight." The class greeted her in sync, having her squeal in delight as she went on about us being youthful or something. But since she was our teacher, I worried what she would do. We knew each other and she was very out there, she could draw a lot of unwanted attention to me.

Just as I was thinking that, she froze. I looked up and met her gaze which was locked on me, her hands cupping her cheeks as she gasped. There is was... the end of my life.

"My goodness, (Y/n) darling!" she cooed. Shota sighed, leaning over his desk to whisper something in the adult rated hero's ear. By this time, everyone was already turned and looking at me. I shrunk down in my seat a little, hating the attention. I didn't want everyone to look at me. All they needed was to see that I was a normal high school student and then believe it, asking no questions and seeing nothing out of the ordinary. Just a simple girl who was raised in an average family with kind, loving parents.

Midnight completely changed the direction of the morning as she started the lesson, everyone turning back around to face the front. I was grateful for it too, no longer were their eyes lingering on me.

I listened to the lesson and jotted down notes, beginning to write what Midnight had said with everyone else in class. At one point, I looked up and met her gaze, receiving a warm smile. She started moving her arms around, gesturing as she tried to tell me something. But in the end, I got it. She wanted to see me after class.

"Alright everyone, class is dismissed, you're all free to got to break," she announced, watching as the students began packing up. They then began filing out, Nemuri standing at the front of the class with Shota laying on the ground asleep in his sleeping bag. Once everyone else had left, I made my way towards her, instantly receiving a hug.

"Awe, I missed you," she cooed, holding onto me securely. Normally, my quirk would've activated on its own but I knew Nemuri, she was anything but a bad person. She had been very kind to me and showed her support in times where I needed it the most, being one of the few female role models in my life.

"Did you miss me too?" she asked with a pout, ignoring Aizawa who stood up and stretched. I nodded my head, not caring that my face was being shoved into her chest. It was a habit she had when it came to me, but it had never been a problem, if anything it was comforting.

"Has that family been treating you alright?" she asked. I lightly smiled as I looked up at her.

"Yes, they are very kind and I am grateful to have them," I expressed. She cupped my cheeks in her hands, her thumb caressing my cheeks softly.

"I'm glad to hear it, hun. We all really missed you once you were sent to live somewhere else, you wouldn't believe some of the others. Gang Orca and Fatgum always ask about you, even Nighteye mentions you from time to time." It warmed my chest hearing that, it was such wonderful reassurance. I nodded, keeping the soft smile on my face.

"Sir messages me quite often, making sure I'm eating enough and such," I told her. She giggled, ruffling my hair.

"I don't blame him, if I was allowed to keep your contact info I would've called you regularly." Her face fell as she was reminded of the restrictions put in place around me.

"All of those rules hurt a lot of us , (Y/n). It was so easy to get attached and when we were cut off... it was painful," she expressed, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, not knowing how else I should be reacting to her obvious sadness. She chuckled, petting my head gently.

"No need to apologize, it was never your fault." I nodded, finally understanding what she was talking about. It was the Hero Association which decided what would happen with me, they were the ones who were causing problems for not only me, but those who I associated with. They were why I was staying with Hitoshi's family and the reason why I was forced to join U.A, specifically the hero course.

Thinking about it made me feel upset, I hated them for everything that they did to me but feeling hate also made me feel like a bad person. Normally, someone like me would be put up for adoption, given a family and then join a normal high school like any other kid my age. Not in my case though. These people were afraid of me, scared of what I could do. They saw me as a threat to their hero society because with my abilities, becoming a villain would cause big problems for them.

Noticing that I was thinking hard, Nemuri gently shook me by my shoulders. I snapped out of it and looked up, meeting her light blue orbs. She smiled softly, as a way to tell me that everything was going to be fine and there was no use in over thinking things.

"There are some problems with the Hero Association at the moment, but right now all we can do is hope that everything will get better in the future, okay?" I nodded in agreement, receiving another hug from her before she told me to leave class and head out to lunch. I did as she asked, turning and leaving after sending her a wave goodbye.

-----------------------------------------------

3rd person POV

"She's grown up a lot over the last two years," Midnight sighs, leaning back on Aizawa's desk. He grunts in response, taking a seat in his chair.

"She has," he grumbled, Midnight picking up that he didn't sound too sincere.

"What's with that tone? Is something wrong with (Y/n)?" she asked, leaning further back to meet his gaze. The Eraser hero sighed, unzipping his sleeping bag and stepping out of it.

"She doesn't want to be here and she looks generally miserable." Midnight raised an eyebrow.

"But she has that family who's looking after her, isn't that enough?" Aizawa sighed as he opened a book and began skimming through it.

"No, for (Y/n) that fake family isn't enough for her." Nemuri sent him a glare.

"It's not a fake family." It seemed to upset her, filling her with a nostalgic feeling of guilt she had experienced only once before.

"You know as well as I do the restrictions that come with (Y/n). She can't be legally adopted, (Y/n) belongs to the association." Midnight remained silent, glaring at the ground. She knew it was true, (Y/n) was merely a possession of the Hero Association and there was a very high chance that she would never be freed. She had value that only a small group of people knew about, higher ups in the Association, heroes which she had been in the care of and her biological family. No one else knew of her worth, the amazing reservoir of power within her, the unknown limits of her quirk.

"She'll never get to live the way she wants to, will she?" Midnight asked, hoping that Aizawa would lie. She needed to hear it but he wasn't that kind of person, so he told it how it was.

"No, I don't think she'll ever be free."

Sorry for not updating in a while, but here you go. Bit of Monoma in the start, he's sane right now because this is happening before the USJ attack, before he goes crazy with trying to out do class 1-A. Thank you for reading