Time of Bonding

Depuis le début

"You seriously need to learn to control yourselves." George said, as Fred removed the protective enchantments an hour later. "You didn't want to see, so we made sure you couldn't." George groaned. "I could hear you though. You broke through my silencing charm." He whined. Harry and Fred both blushed. "Oh, jeez. Ah well, it's all natural." Fred grinned. Harry smiled slightly, face still a slight pink. "Still, you really need to quieten down when I'm in the room." George said, still grinning. Fred checked his watch. "Blimey! Dinner's in five minutes! We best go!" The three of them jumped up and ran out of the dormitory, nearly trampling a First Year as they did so.

"WHAT?" Ron roared. Harry, Fred and George roared with laughter. Hermione opened and closed her mouth, resembling a goldfish. "You should be glad Percy's not here anymore, Fred. If he heard, he'd kill you. Then tell Mum, and she'd kill you." Ron said, now smiling slightly. Harry and the twins' laughter gradually reduced to chuckles. "Ah, I can't wait 'til you win, Harry. It's gonna be amazing." George said. Fred nodded and hummed in agreement. "Yeah, it will me." He said, and kissed Harry. Harry melted into his embrace and ate one of Fred's chips. "You little git, get your own." Fred laughed, playfully slapping Harry's hand away. Harry grinned and stole another chip. "So, when's the Third Task, Harry?" George asked. Harry shrugged as his stomach gave a jolt of fear. "24th June, s'far as I'm aware." He replied. George nodded and Fred tightened his hug, as though sensing the spark of fear Harry had just felt. "You'll do great, Harry. I seriously, honestly think you're gonna win. I mean, it's you and Diggory in first place, right?" Harry nodded. "Exactly. So really, you only have to beat him. I'm telling you, you'll win. Calling it here and now." Fred said, slapping the table, an obvious tone of finality in his voice. "I have to go." Harry said, checking his watch. "Gotta meet Bagman at the pitch in ten." He said. Fred released him and kissed his forehead. "Good luck. See you soon." He said. Ron and Hermione both wished him luck, then George clapped his shoulder. "Yeah, 'cinna bit!" He called as Harry walked away, joining Cedric at the entrance to the Great Hall.

"Wonder what it'll be?" Cedric said, and he and Harry made their way towards the Quidditch Pitch. "Dunno. Probably gonna be more dangerous than the other two tasks, though." Harry said, his stomach giving another jolt. If this final task was indeed going to be harder and more dangerous than the others, he would surely fail. He had almost failed the last one, if Neville hadn't thought of Gillyweed, Harry would've surely perished in dark depths of the Black Lake, surrounded by Merpeople and Grindylows. The dragon had been a lucky one, Harry will be ever thankful for Hagrid showing him beforehand. Again, if Hagrid hadn't though to show him, Harry would've perished in the First Task easily. "You alive in there?" Harry blinked, and saw Cedric grinning at him. "Y-yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking about the Task." He lied. Cedric hummed and sighed, shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah, me too. Like I said, I'll have a good go. If all else fails, I'll back out. Simple. Don't really want to back out, though. That's only a last resort." Harry nodded. He agreed with Cedric. He was just going to wing it, if he knows he's going to perish, he'll back out. Soon after Cedric's last statement, they reached the Quidditch Pitch. Fleur and Krum were already stood on either side of Ludo Bagman when they reached him. "Ah, the final champions! Good of you to join us!" Bagman exclaimed, beaming his boyish grin at the two Hogwarts champions. Harry and Cedric, however, didn't reply. They came to a sudden halt and gawped at the Quidditch Pitch, jaws practically sitting on the floor. The Quidditch Pitch had been turned into what looked like a massive hedge. "Hedges. They're... hedges." Cedric muttered, barely audibly. Their Quidditch Pitch, their Quidditch Pitch, was covered in three feet tall hedges. Cedric and Harry, waking from their reveries, climbed over the hedges towards the other Champions and Bagman. "Don't worry, you'll get your Quidditch Pitch back once the Third Task is over." Bagman said, noticing the appalled looks on both Harry and Cedric's faces. "By the time the Task comes around, Hagrid should have these twenty feet tall!" This didn't help, Harry felt himself go pale slightly. His Quidditch Pitch was going to have twenty foot high hedges on them? "Does anybody know what these hedges are meant to be?" Bagman asked. Harry was too appalled to reply. Nobody said anything, until there was a grunt from Bagman's left. "Maze." Krum grunted. "Excellent! Now, the Third Task is simple." Bagman said. Harry noticed Krum's face. He was glancing around the Pitch, a weird look on his face. Of course, he's a Quidditch player, too! Harry thought. Krum was the only one who knew how he felt, however minutely. Besides Cedric, of course. Bagman continued on with the instructions. "The Triwizard Cup will be places in the centre of the Maze. All you have to do, is retrieve it. The first champion to touch the Cup, will win the Tournament." Harry relaxed slightly. He only had to find his way through a maze. That's it. Just a maze. He shook himself mentally. Four years in the magical world told Harry that a maze would never be just a maze. Turns out, he was right. "Hagrid will be getting together of a number of magical creatures, which will be placed at random throughout the Maze, serving as obstacles. Professor Moody will be retrieving some other forms of magical obstacles to place in the Maze, as well, thus making the Maze even more challenging!" Bagman said, practically jumping with excitement. Harry's stomach gave another jolt. He hadn't forgotten about the Blast-Ended Skrewts Hagrid has made them raise. Only Merlin knows what kind of creatures Hagrid would get for a Triwizard Tournament. Harry's stomach wasn't going to survive much longer at the thought of Hagrid and his idea of 'tame animals'. Hagrid, after all, was the one who kept dragons and giant spiders as pets. "If you wish to leave the Maze," Bagman continued, "you need only send up red sparks. There will be staff members placed around the edges of the maze, should you need to do so. Again, all you need to do is touch the Cup. Then, you've won." Bagman finished with yet another broad grin at each of the Champions. After assuring no-one had any questions, Bagman dismissed them. Harry made to walk back to the castle with Cedric, but Bagman grabbed his shoulder. "Harry! How are you? Nervous?" Harry did get chance to reply. "Listen, Harry, if you ever need any help with the Tournament, or anything, really, I'll always help. Do you need any assistance now? With the Third Task?" Harry shook his head and spoke firmly. "No, Mr Bagman, but thanks." It took a whole two minutes to shake off Bagman. However, as soon as he did, another hand lay on his shoulder. "Potter? Could I haf a vord?" Harry turned around. Krum was there. "Erm, I mean, y-"
"Harry! Hey, Harry, over here!" Fred and George were sprinting towards him. Harry grinned as they approached. Seconds later, he was enveloped in a tight hug by Fred. "Tell us when we get to the dormitory." He whispered in Harry's ear. Harry nodded as Fred let go of him and grabbed hold of Harry's hand, interlocking their fingers. "What's up, Krum?" George asked, turning to Viktor. His grin became slightly forced. "I vas vondering if I could haf a vord vith Potter?" Krum said, looking the twins dead in the eye. Both twins, however, were half a foot taller than the Bulgarian Seeker, and towered over him. Harry had to admit, despite their kind features, Fred and George looked quite intimidating. "Not right now. We need to get back to the castle." Fred said, gripping Harry's hand tighter. Harry squeezed back slightly. Krum frowned even further. "It's important." He grunted, anger evident in his voice. "If it's so important, say it now. Harry'll tell us anyway." George said, laying a hand firmly, and a little protectively, on Harry's shoulder. "No. Only Potter." Krum said, clearly getting angrier by the minute. "Tatty-ho, then!" The twins said in unison, steering Harry towards the castle, leaving Krum stood there, round-shouldered and grumpy.