Chapter 21 ~ Havi

Începe de la început

Cliché as it sounded, it was all true.

When we eventually pulled away, I looked into Louis’ eyes and I couldn’t help the smile from forming on my lips. My dear dinosaurs were dancing in my stomach and my heart was beating really fast. I couldn’t get used to being like that with Louis and I loved that I couldn’t. It made everything even more special.

“See you soon, Lou,” I whispered pecking his lips one more time.

“Soon,” he agreed and reluctantly he let me go. I took my purse that I had on the sofa. “Bye,” he said giving me one last peck and opening the door for me.

I took the lift and I could see my reflection clearly in the mirrors. I had this stupid smile and my cheeks were rosy, my eyes were shinning bright. I looked different, I felt different.

“It’s so great to see you this happy,” commented Joy once we both were in the car and she was driving me home.

“I am really happy,” I told her without being able to remove the smile from my face.

“You deserve it. Now, didn’t I tell you this was going to happen? Man, I should quit the station and become a fortune-teller.”

I laughed at her words, but I laughed most at the image in my mind of Joy dressed as a fortune-teller. I would totally pay to see that. “I still have trouble believing it’s true,” I told her fidgeting with my fingers.

“It’s always like that at the beginning, it gets worse later,” she said seriously and I took a glimpse of her from the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh.

“You know I’ve been in other relationships, right?” She just snorted at my words and I rolled my eyes.

I knew I was going to get used to being with him eventually, to him being part of my life. I was still just processing everything. “You know that as your dad is not here, I’ll have to have a conversation with Louis, don’t you? I need to know his intentions with my little girl,” she said already getting into character and I burst out laughing.

“Don’t forget to be cleaning your riffle when that moment comes,” I suggested and I could swear her eyes sparkled. It was better not to give her more crazy ideas.

* * *

“Hurry up! It’s about to start!” Joy exclaimed though I was just at a few metres away.

I had gone for our teas that were ready. We were in the station cafeteria where there was a telly so we could watch the interview. I was really excited because it was likely the interviewer was going to ask about the contest and that meant publicity for the show and the whole station.

I walked faster and handed her the mug with hot tea and sat next to the blond girl. She was really excited as well.

Soon we saw the host of the TV show –a kind of gossip show– presenting the pop sensation One Direction and even though we weren’t fans, Joy and I couldn’t help to squeal a bit when we saw them appearing on the screen. They all looked drop dead gorgeous, though my eyes went immediately to the oldest member and I felt my heart skipping a beat. He was smiling radiantly, his eyes were the clear reflection of how happy he was. I contrasted his image with the one from his last interview and the difference was huge. In his other interviews he laughed, he joked a bit and answered questions, but you still could see in his eyes that he wanted to be as far away as possible. In this occasion, it seemed like he was ready to have fun.

“Hello, boys! How are you? Ready to start a great week?” The interviewer asked, a man in his late thirties with a contagious smile and with a very modern sense of fashion.

“Great! We have a lot of plans for this week and we’re really excited!” Louis replied and his voice was filled with joy. I smiled immediately.

“Well, aren’t you excited, Louis?” The man asked and Louis just gave him a flashing smile. Luckily it was a man, any other woman would have died with that smile. “And, can you share a bit of those plans? Surely enough, thousands of fans now are wondering what’s in the agenda for the pop sensation.”

“We have a photoshoot this week, a couple of interviews more and we’re still working on this contest with Crash FM,” Liam replied and Joy and I squeaked like silly fan girls.

“Oh right, we have heard of that contest. The fans are going crazy over the possibility of being picked by you,” the man commented.

“We’re excited as well. And who knows, we might have a surprise for everyone for the end of the contest.” Joy and I looked at each other not knowing what Zayn was talking about. What surprise? They couldn’t keep us out of this!

“Oh my! You love to build suspense, don’t you?” The boys just chuckled sheepishly. I was going to get answers when we saw them next time.

The man kept asking questions about their projects and the boys had a great time. We laughed with them and at them. The almost fifteen minutes flew by and I was damn sure that no one wanted them to leave, but the show had a schedule to follow.

By when the interview was about to finish, the dreadful question came. “So, tell me boys… who’s single?” The man asked and I saw Louis’ expression changing, from this huge grin to a more serious and almost guilty look.

“I’m taken,” Liam replied with a silly smile.

“Free as the wind!” Niall said and Harry and Zayn laughed at his excitement. “Though I still hope to find my princess.” And then a wink.

I’d bet many girls had a heart attack with that last statement. Evil blond boy!

“We are single, too,” Harry said with a cheeky grin motioned to Zayn and him.

“And so am I,” said Louis though he didn’t sound sincere. Poor boy, he really felt troubled over lying.

“Really, Louis?” The man asked and I got scared. There was a devilish look in his dark eyes and I feared he might know something he wasn’t supposed to know. Louis tensed up, I could see how he got nervous as well.

“Yeah…” he replied but he didn’t sound convinced and the grin on the interviewer’s face grew bigger. Oh, I had a horrible feeling in that moment.

“We’re not so sure about it. You’ll see… we have this pictures of you and one of the girls from the radio station you all are working with,” he said and on the big screen behind him appeared pictures of Louis and I last Friday when he drove me to my flat. I felt my blood freezing and my heart stopped. They had seen us. “So, according to our sources, you took this girl to her flat and stayed with her for a few hours. Is that true? Could it be possible that Louis Tomlinson finally got a new girlfriend? Do tell us, we want to be the first to know!”

Ugh, I hated gossip shows.

I saw the expression of sheer terror in Louis’ eyes and I could almost see his brain working to come out with an answer. It seemed like even if we wanted it, we weren’t going to be able to hide our relationship for too long.

-:-:-:-

Dedication goes to @Valentinna 'cos she's such a lovely girl and has lovely one shots you should read.

Bel, xx