CHAPTER ONE.

Ocean Sky// Scene One: New Place.

Throwing my clothes into my bed to fold them up and pack them. I didn't plan to bring all my clothes along, I will only stay there for the support of finance. When my dad and mom divorced, I didn't dream of setting some connections with my father.

Why do you need to leave this early mom?

My mother died on her breast cancer. We aren't financially stable that time and her pride wasn't that good to ask me for help to my father. I guess, that was the most hard part. When you love someone and they asked you things which is against in your own will but you haven't have the time to make a choice so you only have this 'okay I'll do it' situation. 

*phone rings*

As I picked up my phone to answer the call, my dad's name appear on its screen.

"Hello dad?" I said, I put my phone between my shoulder and ear and continue to pack.

"Oh dear, how was there?" He asked, the background sounds he was on work. Because there are loud tuds of something.

"Im still packing." I answered, and with the last pair of clothes I zipped my travel bag.

"Our driver will be there soon. See you." I nodded in response as if he will see me and then we bid goodbye and hanged up the call. 

Huminga ako ng malalim, hindi ko alam kung ano ba dapat maramdaman ko. Yes, I am still mourning on my mother, but it didn change the fact that I don't know how to reacts there. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sila pakikitinguhan, wala akong alam tungkol sa kanila.

As the driver arrive, the journey was silent. Hindi ako nagsalita, ayoko din kasi. Inaantok man ay pinilit kong manatiling gising dahil nage-enjoy ako sa tanawin. I live in the Pampanga since when I was an infant, I can't say it's wonderful because it wasn't a perfect place. But Baguio did surprise me, nagpunta ako dito back when I was still 5 years old. It's funny how I don't mind things back then, how I didn't care to the sorrounding but excitedly jumping out of my excitement in picking strawberries into the farm.... even tho I don't eat them necessarily. Ganid ang aking mata siguro noong panahon nayon.

Ang paikot na daan, at ang ma-amog na kalangitan and kapaligiran ay nagdudulot ng misteryong pakiramdam sa akin, hell if I am the driver I must've collapsed. The fact that you can't see clearly, but I guess the driver seems to know every edge of the place.

Hindi ko namalayang nakatulog ako, that's when something or someone is shaking me. I opened my eyes to see my father, he'd grown old. With his beards and grey hairs. I stand straightly and took a glance at the sorroundings. Maraming mga puno ang nakapaligid, and then there is a house at the very center of it. A old looking house, you know those types of house that made up of woods? Well, the advantage is it's refreshing.

"I missed you." Dad's words and gesture deattached me in my thoughts. He hugged me dearly and sigh.

"Dad? Where are the neighbors?" That's the question my mouth blurted first. Bukod sa huni ng mga ibon at kaluskos ng hangin at pagdaan nito sa mga puno ay wala kang maririnig na ibang ingay o kahit mga nagkukwentuhang tao man lang.

"Nasa bukid sila, I was there before. Pasok kamuna?" Oh, that's explains the loudness before on our phonecall. I nodded and headed inside. The door has some old creeeeeepy sounds and the view inside wasn't bad like how I expect. It was well organized.

"Chester, is she already there?" A woman with her apron on appear from the view. She has blonder hair, and brown eyes. Is this the wife of my father? Well, fairly pretty. But my mother is much prettier. Then her eyes darted on me, she took off her gloves and walked towards us.

"Oh, sorry. Nagluluto kasi ako. Gutom kanaba? I baked strawberry pie. If you want." She offered me a warm smile, I didn't reacted. I don't know how, will I betray my mom if I pay her smile back?

I shooked my head.

"Oh well then, show her room hon." By up siding the awkwardness she smiled towards my father and put on her gloves again.

Hinatid ako sa aking kwarto at siya ay nagpaalam na aayusin lang niya muna o tatapusin ang trabahong naiwan. Well, I didn't plan to be a heavy one so I just nodded. The room has it's fresh aspects. The wooden wall and ceiling that will make you look that the veiw was upon in an old creeps, the single bed that you could see on common movies. And the big window that is located infront of the bed, it was clean and dead so it's time to put my things up.

When I was done and realized that I took so long, I took a bath and slipped into my high waisted poodle shorts that I partnered into summer sleeveless yellow top, I tied my hair into bun and took my instax to take some pictures outside. Lumabas ako ng kwarto at nadatnan si Tita Lucy, don't get me wrong my dad told me about her when we used to have some greeting in phone.

"Oh dear, handa na ang pagkain. Please call your dad." If I am used to her, I could say that she was kind. The way she talks motherly, and the way she care to dad. I nodded and headed outside. Kinalas ko muna ang camera and pinicturan ang mga puno at ibon sa hanging pa-epekto ng tanawin.

"Oh, nasa loob po ba si Tita?" I heard a man's voice that is not further on me, his voice has provincial accent. I wonder, trabahante ba siya? What is my dad's work here anyway? Is he the boss?

Lumapit ako sa boses dahil alam kong si papa ang kausap niya, there I saw my dad's back and the man he's talking with. Holding some woods and tree's cutted branches. I can't deny his beautiful face, he looks like Captain America- the difference is he has black shady hair.

"Pa? Kakain na." Bago kopa makalimutan ang sadya ko dito dahil sa kaka-puri sa lalaking nasa harapan ni papa ay nagsalita nako.

Then the attention hits fastly on me, two pair of eyes are now looking at me.

"Oh, osige. Susunod na ako anak." My dad answered and I saw him looked at me and then the man.

"Fidel, this is my daughter." He introduced me in directly, mostly when someone introduce you indirectly they demand your own introduction.

So I took a step towards them, seeing the man looking at me firmly. With his serious brown golden eyes. I offered my right hand.

"My name is Amber Gates." He accepted it and I felt some little sparks along the tingles, his rough hands makes me think that he is a hard working one.

"Fidel Rexton Ibarra." His voice is a bonus one, you know when you look handsome as him and your voice is husky and manly? I swear, I can die right now. Pero syempre nagbibiro lang ako.

I nodded, and turn to look at my dad.

"Fidel, join us?" He offered nicely.

And, I expect him to accept the offer and my brain is smiling freely but disappointment hits me when he....

"Oh no, wag napo tito. May hindi papo akong tapos na trabaho." Then that's fill a check on my observation. He was a worker here, maybe worker of my dad or like my dad?

Someone is being interested.

Hush, now. Even my mind is talking to me.

Then he looked at me with his confusing eyes, damn those eyes they look sleepy. I blushed knowing that he may be saw my disappointment. Iniwas ko ang tingin ko sa kaniya at umusog ng kaunti palayo para maghanda sa pag-balik ng bahay.

"Well then, see you later hijo." My father smiled and he offered a nodd and they nod at each other. We headed home with my mind flying at the thoughts of him.