Chapter 2

When Dusk Shine reached the top of the stairs, he went into his bedroom. Then, he went up to Sweetie Belle who was still hitting the crib railing with Spike, and imitating AJ's voice, he said "Howdy, little mare!" As Sweetie Belle giggled, she dropped Spike. Dusk Shine then pulled the string on AJ's back, and placed him on the bed as the voice box said "Somepony's poisoned the waterhole!" Dusk Shine then lowered the crib railing, and picked his baby sister with his magic as he said "Come on, Sweetie Belle. Oh, you're getting heavy." He looked at AJ as he said "See you later, AJ!" He then left the room as he closed the door. Then, AJ came to life as he said "Pull mah string! The birthday party's today?!" He thought for a minute, and looked around the room as he said "Okay, everypony and creature! Coast is clear!" Then, all of Dusk Shine's toys came to life as Spike started putting himself together, and said "Ages three and up. It's on my box. Ages three and up! I'm not supposed to be babysitting Princess Drool!" Gustave was putting the bits back in his body when Spike went up to him with a picasso face as he said "Hey, Gustave! Look! I'm Dragon Picasso!"

"I don't get it." Gustave said as he walked away. Spike frowned as he said "You uncultured griffon!" He looked at a hockey puck toy as he said "What are you looking at, you hockey puck?" He walked away while the hockey puck toy just stood there in confusion. AJ looked down at the edge of the bed while watching the toys walk around the room. Then, a tiny pony toy soldier named Hard Hat went up to AJ who said "Uh, hey Hard Hat, have you seen Bubble Berry?" "Sir, no, sir!" Hard Hat said as he saluted. "Okay, thank you. At ease." AJ said. He then jumped off the bed, and said "Hey, uh, Bubble Berry?!" Just then, Bubble Berry emerged from under the bed with a checker board with red and black checker pieces on it as he said "Right here, AJ! I'm red this time." "No, Bubble-." AJ tried to say, but Bubble Berry interrupted him as he said "Oh, well alright, you can be red if you want." "Not now, Bubble Berry." AJ said "Ah got some bad news." "Bad news?!" Bubble Berry asked in shock, and AJ quickly shushed him, and the toys looked at them funny. "Just gather everypony and creature up for a staff meeting and be happy." AJ whispered out.

"Got it." Bubble Berry said. "Be happy!" AJ said as Bubble Berry laughed, and walked off. "Staff meeting everypony and creature!" AJ said as he walked by a snake toy with a patch of pale, light grayish gold hair named Zephyr Breeze, and a pony robot named Big Mac. "Zephyr Breeze, Big Mac, podium duty." "Eeyup!" Big Mac said as he and Zephyr Breeze got to work. AJ walked past a white sketch toy with purple knobs on it named Elusive as he said "Hey, Elusive! Draw!" He tried to draw first, but Elusive beat him to it as he drew it, and AJ said "Oh! You got me again, Elusive. You've been working on that draw. Fastest knobs in Equestria." Bubble Berry walked past a group of toys as he said "Got a staff meeting, everypony and creature, come on, let's go!" As Zephyr Breeze and Big Mac constructed a podium out of a toy tub and some blocks, AJ looked around, and said "Now, where is that-?" He stopped himself when he spotted his doodle pad near the desk as he walked up to it, and said "Aw, hey who moved my doodle pad way over here?"

Just then, Butterscotch jumped down, and roared at AJ who didn't flinch or scream as he picked up the doodle pad, and said "Oh, how you doing, Butterscotch?" Butterscotch stopped roaring as he said "Were you scared? Tell me honestly." "Ah was close to being scared that time, haystack." AJ said as he walked away." "I'm going for fearsome here, but I just don't feel it." Butterscotch said. "I think I'm just coming off as annoying." Just then, Applejack used her crook to pull AJ towards her as he yelped, and said "Oh, hi Applejack. Hi." Ah wanted to thank you, AJ for saving mah flock." AJ blushed, and rubbed the back of his head as he said "Oh, hey, it was, uh nothing." "What do ya'll say I get some pony or creature to watch the sheep tonight?" AJ smiled, and said "Oh, yeah." As Applejack walked away, she said "Remember, Ah'm just a couple of blocks away." AJ just stared with a lovestruck look on his face.