Gavin turned his body more to face her, a small chuckle sounding from him. "You know that I'm always up to something. I just think it's a good time for us to take a vacation. Maybe Italy or somewhere?" Gavin suggested, watching her face light up even more.

"Really? Yes!" Ava gasped out excitedly, immediately throwing her arms around him in a tight embrace, making them topple down into the sand together. A laugh burst from her as she landed on his chest, her hands moving to rest on his shoulders. "Why are you doing this? What's the occasion?" She asked, curious of his reasoning for why they should go now. They had no idea when it would be the safest time to go anywhere. His father and the men that worked for him could be looking anywhere and everywhere for them, but they weren't going to stop living because of that. They couldn't always live in fear or there would be no life to live. Fear always killed fun.

"What? I can't take the love of my life on a trip?" Gavin asked, his eyes suddenly going wide when he realized what he had just said to her. A dash of red appeared on his cheeks as he laughed nervously, his eyes going anywhere but hers. "I'm sorry, I just ...," Gavin trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

Ava cut off his worrying by pressing her lips against his in a soft kiss, stealing his breath and his anxiety. She cupped his face with her hand, her thumb stroking his flushed cheek as she kissed him. She could stay there in the sand forever with him, indulging in the softness of his lips, the warmth of his body. It felt like she finally fit in place with him, like she was completely out of place in her own life before she met him. She didn't fit anywhere. She didn't even fit in with her own family or her old hometown, but she did fit with him wherever they were at. She had a place in his heart, and that was the only home that she wanted as he had made a permanent residence in her own. "I love you. I need you," she told him when she finally broke from his lips. She rested her forehead against his, her eyes finally opening to meet his.

"I love you, Ava. I'll always be right here with you," Gavin promised her, one hand going up to hold the back of her neck gently and the other resting on her hip to keep her close. He leaned up to press a soft kiss to her forehead, his lips curling up in an adoring smile. "Our flight leaves tonight. Surprise."

"Tonight? We have to pack!" Ava exclaimed, excitement bursting through her as she jumped off of him. She reached down to grab his hand and tug him to his feet, hurriedly dragging him back the beach house so that they could pack their things for their trip. Gavin wasn't much of a packer, but Ava was, taking the responsibility of ensuring they had everything for their spontaneous trips because they were always out of the blue. She didn't have too many responsibilities and the surprises kept her on her toes each and every day, so she didn't mind his spontaneous decision making. She liked the thrill of not knowing what was going to happen next. An adventure could lay waiting for her around every single corner.

"I only need a few things," Gavin claimed as he stumbled up the stairs after her.

"No, we're not doing this again. When we went to Central America, you forgot all of your socks and your belt," Ava denied his claim, giving him a pointed look as she led him to the bedroom that they shared. Thankfully, he no longer felt hesitant to lay in the same bed as her. He knew that she trusted him with every bit of herself. They had saved each other from death and danger to the point where they still trusted each other with their lives. They would always have each other's backs no matter what the situation happened to be. Ava just hoped things would stay peaceful and fun. She didn't want her paradise of a life to be ruined when she just got it. There was no fun in having to let that go or to abandon it, but she would rather lose the luxuries of her life rather than Gavin. He was irreplaceable, a necessity for her heart and soul.

"And I bought both of them at a shop in town," Gavin replied, sweeping his arm around her to pull her into a tight embrace. He hugged her close to his chest, rocking her gently in the spot. "I'm so glad you're here with me. I wouldn't want to live this life without you. You have been the ultimate adventure of my life," he murmured to her as he rested his chin on the top of her head.

Ava nearly teared up at his sweet words, her eyes threatening to burn as she nestled her face into the crook of his neck. She held her hands together around his waist, reveling in how comfortable and safe she felt with him. She never wanted to leave his arms. "You gave me the life that I've always wanted. I'm so lucky to have you," Ava told him, meaning every single word with all of her heart. Without him, she wouldn't have gone on the adventure that she did. She wouldn't have learned new survival and life skills. She wouldn't have been able to finally officially escape her parents. She wouldn't have been able to be fully happy like she was now.

"Are you ready for our next adventure?" Gavin asked her, cocking an eyebrow at her in a playful manner, excitement radiating heavily from him as he held her.

"I'm always ready for an adventure with you," Ava replied, holding his hands in hers as they smiled brightly at each other. She was ready for the rest of her amazing life with him. Every day was a new one. Every sunrise and sunset held so many promises for her and Gavin, and she looked forward to every single one of them. It started in an alleyway, and now they ended up on an island with the entire world as their destination. Their dreams had no limits. Their adventures had no bounds. For the first time in her entire life, Ava finally felt completely free, and she had no intentions on turning back now. She had adventures to live out.