"Where's Hero?" I try to ask as casually as possible.

Anna gives me a knowing look causing my stomach to drop. Hero had gotten quite close with her, closer than I had it seemed. I couldn't help but wonder if he filled her in on what happened the night of his birthday.

If anything, I would've hoped he at least had the curtesy to let me tell Anna myself, given that was possibly something I would confide in her about.

But Anna steers clear thankfully, leading me to believe she had no idea. "Trace is finishing up with him. His hair definitely needed some TLC."

I let out a genuine laugh, causing my nerves to settle slightly.

"We should head downstairs while we wait." Maria says before lifting her purse off of the dresser. "We don't want to get off schedule."

Anna raises a brow at me as Maria brushes past her, and I give her a reassuring smile in return.

Maria has been my agent since I began acting as a teenager. Although she could be quite overbearing and always had a say in whatever was going on around her, she always did right by me. I just hoped she would take it down a few notches during the tour. I wanted this trip to be as smooth sailing as possible given that the hurricane known as Hero was bound to be in my wake.

Anna links arms with me as we walk down the hallway. When we reach the elevator, our attention is brought to a door closing followed by laughter.

Anna and I turn our heads in unison. "Took you guys long enough." She says humorously.

I can just make out Trace rolling his eyes, but I can't help but let myself become entirely consumed by Hero.

He looked different, but a good different.

It seemed as though the boy I knew from the summer had completely evolved into the man that stood right before my eyes.

His hair was neatly parted and gelled back, but not like he usually kept it. This style seemed cleaner and more suited for him. His face was glowing much like his smile, and his eyes held more life in them than I've ever seen before.

He got in late last night, and I hadn't been able to see him today since I had a few photoshoots scheduled. But seeing him now made up for it.

A smile spreads onto his lips as he picks up his pace, extending his arms out to me.

I hadn't realized I was practically running towards him until I nearly trip in the heels I was wearing. But his strong arms are there to catch me.

I grip his jacket tightly as I steady myself before wrapping my arms around his neck.

I could feel his heart beating against my own as he overwhelmed my senses.

It felt like I could truly breathe again now that he was here, a piece of my puzzle put back into its rightful place.

I pull away and look into his eyes, our smiles growing wider. Before I have the chance to say anything, Anna clears her throat behind us. "Uh guys."

I release myself from Hero's grip entirely before turning towards Anna and the others, the heat rapidly rising in my face. "Coming."

Anna's knowing look returns as she watches Hero and I make our way towards the elevator.

I feel a sense of relief flood over me when we get to the lobby, and we are able to break away from the group.

"How've you been?" Hero asks.

"Good." I say with a smile. "How about you?"

"Good. Busy, but good."