Chapter 4: The Plan

Zacznij od początku

"Y/n, sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"Well I was texting Peter after he left and he said something that reminded me of mom and... and.... and I just need him over here right now. So, he's on his way back over and I told him he could stay the night because I really don't want to be alone right now. Is that ok?" you asked while crying into his chest.

"Shh, peanut, yeah, that's fine. But, sweetheart, you aren't alone. You have me, Steve, Bucky, Wanda, Nat, Sam, Rhodey, Clint, Bruce, Thor,  Pepper, Happy, Loki, Vision, and even Scott when he's here. Please don't ever feel like you can't talk to us, y/n," he pleaded.

"Yeah, I know Dad, but I'm just not comfortable talking to them about Mom. I just need Peter right now," you said.

"That's absolutely fine. He can stay as long as he wants and if Aunt May says it's ok, I won't make you go to school tomorrow because it will be Friday and then you will have three days to get yourself together," he said, "Now go get cleaned up before Peter gets here and I'll get some blankets out for him."

"Ok, thanks Dad, love you," you said as you walked back to your room and changed into a tank and pajama shorts with your hair up in a messy bun. Once you had finished cleaning yourself up, you heard FRIDAY say that Peter was here, so you walked to the living room to greet him. As soon as you saw him, you over to him and hugged him until he pulled you off so that he could talk to you.

"Hey, y/n, how are you doing?"

"I'm good, now that you're here. I just really needed a friend right now. Do you want some pizza? I think we have some left overs in the fridge," you said.

"I'm fine. Do you just want to watch Netflix or something or would you rather talk?"

"So umm, my dad said that if Aunt May said it was ok, he wouldn't make us go to school tomorrow since it would be Friday anyway," you said, "so I was thinking Netflix tonight and then maybe I'd be up to talk tomorrow, if that's ok?"

"Sure whatever you want is fine. I just want to make sure that you're ok. I'll just shoot Aunt May a text."

After Peter texted Aunt May, the two of you went back in your room and sat on your bed, wrapped in the blankets that Tony had left. Peter turned on Supernatural and after around five episodes, it being three in the morning, you fell asleep with your head on Peter's chest. He didn't have the heart to move you, so he let you use him as a pillow all night. 

The next morning, you woke up with Peter's arm wrapped around your waist, making you smile. You then realized how close you were to him, and your heart started racing. Apparently, he felt your change in heartbeat because he then grabbed your hand and gave you a reasuring squeeze.

"Good morning y/n, do you want me to go get some breakfast?" Peter asked.

"You don't have to do that. I'll have Rhodey make French toast or something. How long have you been up?"

"Only for about an hour. Let's get you some food and then we can talk, ok?" he asked while standing up and stretching making you realize that he was only wearing his boxers and a tight black t-shirt that showed off his muscles perfectly.

"Yeah, sounds good. I'll go get James," you replied. You walked down the hall and knocked on Rhodey's door and before you could even say anything, he walked to the kitchen and got out everything he needed to make French toast. You had never realized how much you asked him to make breakfast until now. Peter walked out and sat across fron you at a table as Rhodes set down a pate in front of each of you and went back to his room.