She knew what Mary was talking about. Just the other week, she'd popped into the studio to give Roger his wallet and Paul had been in the mixing room with Freddie; laughing and joking away while the rest of the band were in the actual studio attempting to make some music.
She could see on even Brian's face that he was reaching the end of his tether and she'd made a quick escape after giving the wallet to her husband.

Tensions were rising.

"So, that's enough about me," Rebecca changed the subject. They were supposed to be out for a nice lunch and she wasn't going to let it be ruined by a conversation about that prick, "What's new with you?"

"Oh," Mary tucked some hair behind her ear, "Not much really. But, well, I've met someone."

Rebecca's mouth fell open, "Not much? Mary Austin, you liar."

She giggles and her friend smiles. She's never seen her act this way since she got with Freddie and it was nice to see the giddy smile that was on her face.

"What's his name?" Rebecca asks, wanting all the gossip she can.

"David. His name is David and Becca, he's lovely. He's funny and charming and his looks, they're just a bonus but honestly, I haven't felt this way about someone in years. It's how I felt when I first got together with Freddie."

"That's good, isn't it?"

She nods, "I think so. But it's still scary. It's all new to me. And..."

"And?" Rebecca leant in eagerly.

"I really like him." was all she said before picking up her mug of tea to take a sip.

"This is exciting," Rebecca grins, "Have you been seeing him long? When will we meet him?"

"It's been a couple of months," Mary nods, "But listen, I'd really like it to keep it quiet for a little longer. I don't...I don't know how Freddie's going to take it."

Rebecca frowns but nods. She's going to respect her friend's wishes besides, she'll tell them in her own time

||-||

Freddie was late again and while everyone was waiting for him to arrive, Brian was sat on the edge of the drum risers, Alice was watching him with a frown on her face. John and Hannah were on the sofa while Roger was sitting on the chair while Rebecca was sat on his lap, the two of them looking through a catalogue of rather expensive vehicles.

"I like this one," Roger points to a large boat, "I think we should get it."

"We're not getting a boat!" Rebecca laughs, "There's nowhere to sail it."

"We could go down the Thames on it," he shrugs, making her shake her head.

"With you at the helm? No thanks."

"I'm a good driver!"

She rolls her eyes and leans in to give him a soft kiss as Brian moves to stand in front of them.

"Everyone up on the drum risers," he instructs and everyone looks at him as if he's gone mad, "Up on the drum risers!"

"You heard the man," Alice grins as she gets up, "Come on!"

"Thank you, Alice. Showing some enthusiasm." Brian kisses her as she climbs up beside him and Rebecca eagerly gets up to go join them.

"Wives too?" John asks and Hannah smacks his arm.

"Yes, John, everyone. I'm not waiting any longer. Roger, come on!"

"Alright," he laughs, stepping up beside Rebecca, who's grinning down at the guitarist, "What's this about?"

"Remember our last concert? The crowd, they were singing our songs back to us. It was deafening...but it was wonderful. They're becoming a part of our show and I wanna encourage that so I've got an idea. Stamp to this beat."

Stomp-stomp...stomp-stomp...stomp-stomp...

Again, they're all looking at him as if he's gone mad.

"Genius,"

"Thank you, John," Brian says, "Well, come on!"

They all do as instructed, stomping in unison and Brian nods in approval.

"Now, I want you to clap on the third beat,"

Stomp-stomp-clap...Stomp-stomp-clap...Stomp-stomp-clap

"Brilliant. Keep that time, Roger." Brian says as he moves to stand behind the piano, just as Freddie walks in, "No Prenter? It's unusual to see you without your clone."

"It's unusual to see you being so bitchy," Freddie retorts.

"That's usually me," Deaky grins and Rebecca laughs, looking at Brian when he stands in front of them once more.

"You kept time, Rog. Good."

Freddie moves to stand beside him, eyes glancing at the group who are still stomping away beside them, "What's going on?"

"You'd know if you were on time," Roger says as he and John stop, the noise slowly fading out as one by one, their wives stop too.

"I'm a performer, darling. Not a Swiss train conductor."

He'd meant it as a joke but obviously, Freddie doesn't see it that way and Roger's smile fades and Rebecca, along with Hannah and Alice, all avert their gaze and Rebecca picks at a loose thread on the back of Roger's shirt.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Freddie said quietly, patting Brian on the shoulder lightly.

"Again."

He looked at John, "Alright. Now, will you please tell me why you're not playing any instruments?"

"I want to give the audience a song that they can perform. Make them feel like they're part of the bad. What can they do?"

He stomps his foot and claps, grinning at the rest of them as they start joining in and when Freddie joins in, Rebecca knows that he's on board and smiles at Roger.

"What's the lyric?"