Chapter 3: Hard Truths

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, but tell him that's not necessary. Peter's walking me home today."

"Peter huh? We live like twenty minutes away driving, that's a long walk."

"We'll take the subway. Bye Bucky!" you waved.

"Bye kid!" he yelled as he drove off.

You walked inside and made it to your locker five minutes before you were supposed to meet Peter which gave you enough time to rehearse what you were going to say. Within no time you spotted Peter walking towards you and waved. He gave you a deafening smile and waved back, making his way to your locker.

"Hey y/n what's up?"

"So you know your Stark internship?" you started.

"Yeah, what does it have to do with you?"

"Well, I know this sounds crazy, but," you paused, "Tony Stark is my dad," you finished.

Peter just stood there frozen; his brown eyes staring wide into yours. 'Y/n, you've got to be kidding. Do you actually expect me to believe that? You know how ridiculous this sounds right?"

"Yeah I know, Peter. If you actually don't believe me, I can show you pictures on my phone. Here, look," you said handing Peter your phone which was open to your camera roll.

"Oh my gosh, y/n, is that a family photo of you and the Avengers?" he said getting excited.

"Yeah, pretty cool right"

"Umm, yeah! But, isn't this like a secret? Why'd you tell me?"

"My dad said because you already knew him it was fine and Happy is going to interview Ned and MJ next week to see if their trustworthy enough to tell," you replied.

"That sounds good. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as Ned doesn't blurt out some secret and prove that he's actually terrible at keeping them," Peter laughed.

"Yeah I guess," you laughed as the two of you walked to chem early so you could continue your conversation sitting down.

By the time class started, Peter had asked you so many questions about the Avengers that you thought his brain might explode. You found yourself falling for him even harder every time he opened his mouth to talk to you.

"Oh my gosh, Y/n! I almost forgot to tell you! They decided to by pass tryouts for academic decathlon this year and just put us in partners based on last year's GPA's. And then put the pairs in groups of 3's for varsity and reserve. One person in each group of six will sit out a match, but that's only because 5 people play at a time," Peter said.

"Ok, And?" you asked.

"You and me are partners and on varsity!" he beamed, jumping up to unexpectedly pull you into a hug. You melted into him and wrapped your arms around his torso. The hug lasted longer than it should've for two friends, but still ended before you wanted it to. "Mr. Harrington made us the science specialists, so I guess we get to have a lot of study dates."

"That would be so much fun, Peter! Speaking of, what do you want to do tonight? That is if you actually want to stay," you replied.

"Are you kidding? I would never miss a chance to hang out with you!"

"You just met me yesterday, Peter!"