As a vein popped from his head from extreme aggravation, Kusuo grabbed the sheets on his bed, pulling it down with (Y/N). The girl groaned as she landed on the cold floor, regretting her actions on pissing of Kusuo when the boy was already ticked from her very existence.

"Serves you right." Kusuo huffed at her before kicking (Y/N) off the cover she was on, continuing his job.

Annoyed by his rude act, (Y/N) grabbed a pillow before throwing it at Kusuo's head, hitting him. Satisfied, she sauntered to where Yuuta was, sitting beside him. Children being children, it was not a surprise that they were already bored inside the room, ending up with playing Patty-Cake to fill their boredom.

Like always, a child at heart... Kusuo mentally remarked as he finally wrapped up with fixing his bed, sitting down as he watched the viridian haired boy and the (h/c) haired girl sing the nursery rhyme while doing the necessary hand actions.

Before they can end the song, a certain tune from the outside caught their attention, (Y/N) and Yuuta perking up at the oh-so familiar music as they paused from their short game of Patty-Cake. Already knowing how they would react after hearing an ice-cream truck pass by, Kusuo groaned.

Good grief...

Their eyes twinkling with excitement, both (Y/N) and Yuuta exclaimed in unison.

"Ice Cream!" Scrambling from the floor, they dashed out of the door, racing each other downstairs. With a shake of his head, Kusuo followed them both shortly.

(Y/N) and Yuuta immediately proceeding to the kitchen, where Mrs. Saiki was preparing lunch, the both of them begged for some money to buy their ice-cream, hopping up and down like eager kids – well, Yuuta is a child, (Y/N) is just a grade-schooler stuck inside a teenager's body.

After receiving the money, the pair of children cheered in excitement before running out of the door, not caring about the fact that they had shamelessly begged Kusuo's mother for ice-cream money. With the actual child on the other hand, he calmly walked over to his mother, asking Mrs. Saiki in a calm manner for a bit of money, before tailing behind the overjoyed little kids.

"Watch over, (Y/N) and Yuuta. Make sure they're careful on the road." Mrs. Saiki reminded thoughtfully as her second son walked out of the front door – Kusuo replying with a short nod.

Spotting the (h/c) haired girl with the jade headed boy already asking for the ice-cream vendor for their desired flavour, Kusuo walked over to them.

"Hey." The young psychic called out as he stood beside (Y/N), whose attention was focused solely on the ice-cream man scooping the ice-cream, ignoring his greeting. Although irritated at her rudeness, Kusuo decided to leave it alone, asking for his own order.

When (Y/N)'s order arrived, Kusuo's eyebrow twitched at the sight of a gallon of ice-cream on her hold. He can't believe that her mother allowed the girl to ask enough money to buy a gallon of ice-cream. Knowing it was expensive, he can't help but feel upset.

Noticing Kusuo's glare, (Y/N) cocked an eyebrow at him in question before realizing it was directed to the ice-cream. Presuming that Kusuo thought it was his mother's money spent on the sweet treat, she released a sigh.

"You don't have to look at me like that." She stated, scrunching up her eyebrows, her bottom lip sticking out ever so slightly. "I didn't ask that much money from Auntie, you know. I just asked the enough amount to buy a popsicle while I contributed my own to be able to buy some." (Y/N) explained. "Do I really seem that bad to you?"

Realizing his own mistake, Kusuo mumbled out a subtle, "Oh."

Satisfied with his reaction, (Y/N) lets out a small smile before taking the effort to hand his ice-cream to Kusuo. The strawberry haired boy mumbled out a "Thank You" as he reached out for the treat, staring at it.