"You freak!" Liz practically screams for everyone to hear. She definitely was pissed. "You are so lucky we won. You know, I want to be mad, but I'm more worried. Like, what is going on with you?"

"Liz, I have to talk to Ned. It's really important!"

"Miss, all items on the belt, please." The security guy says to Liz.

"Liz, there's something in Ned's backpack! It's really dangerous. Don't let it go through an X-ray-" She doesn't listen to him and puts the phone on the conveyer belt.

•••

They were now in an elevator, going up the Washington monument. It was pretty boring, but Mr. Harrington thought it would be "fun" for them.

"The Washington Monument is 555 feet, 5 and 1/8 inches tall. Notice how the marble and granite are cut around the stone." The tour guide said as if she were a robot. Clearly she didn't want to be there, and everyone could tell due to her monotone voice.

Out of nowhere, the elevator starts to fill with smoke, and it's coming from Ned's backpack. He drops his bag immediately, not sure what was really happening. The "glowy thingy" in his backpack had caused a crack in the ceiling, and it was glowing bright red.

"Just stay calm, everyone." Liz reassured her decathlon mates. She was trying to keep her cool, but she was barely doing that.

"Oh, we are all going to die here." Abraham said quite sarcastically towards Liz.

The tour guide was barely doing anything to help situation. "Okay guys, I know that was scary, but our safety systems are working."

"Are you shitting me?" Angela asked the woman. Ned looked at her concerned and tried to calm her down. "Ang-"

"We're very safe in here." She said to the group.

They stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out what they could do. The tour guide decided to actually be useful and found an emergency hatch in the ceiling. Students climb up one at a time, starting with Cindy. More students get to safety slowly but surely, but the elevator is barely staying still.

"Okay, who's next?" Mr Harrington asked the students. Liz goes to climb up, but Flash pushes her out of the way, which didn't do any justice for the elevator. "Me, it's my turn!"

"Flash, seriously? What are you doing?" Cindy questioned him as he began to climb up.

"Don't worry about the trophy!" Everyone yelled at him, but he could care less what they had to say.

The elevator begins to shake, meaning it could fall at any second. He quickly makes it up, and extends his arm with the trophy in his hand. "Take my trophy!"

The elevator starts to fall, and everyone starts screaming. What else could you do? They come to a sudden stop, wondering how they were still alive. It was Spider-Man, who shot a long web to stop them from falling to their death.

Peter clumsily falls in through the elevator, which only caused the elevator to fall again from the impact. He saves the fall with his webs, luckily in perfect timing.

"Ahem." Peter coughs as he's hanging upside down. "Hey, how you doing? Don't worry about it. I got you."

"Yes! Yes!" Ned fist pumps the air, causing more shakiness to the elevator.