Jacob didn't say anything or make any real effort to greet the woman, instead he just nodded at her. Evelyn smiled and nodded back at him politely. John released her hand before returning to his position next to his eldest brother.

"It's nice to meet you both, the Father has told me a lot about you as well" Evelyn smiles politely at the two men.

"Please ignore my brother's rudeness, he's more of the strong and silent type" John joked, gesturing towards the intimidating solider that stood beside him.

"Oh no, it's fine, really" the young woman assured them, truly not affected by Jacob's disinterest.

"Now, Evelyn tell us, what brought you to Hope County?" the youngest brother asked, sending the woman a charming smile.

"No big reason really. My parents wanted a change of scenery, to live somewhere quieter" Evelyn explained, a rather generic response really but it was partly true.

"Ah, I moved here from the city. It definitely took some time to get used to the changes" John nodded, telling her that he could relate to what she was going through.

"I can imagine" she nodded with a small smile, John definitely struck her as somebody who lived in the city. Jacob, however, definitely seemed like somebody who would live well in the mountains, probably happy to be rather isolated.

"Are you adjusting to the change well?" John asked, tilting his head to the side as if to show her that he was interested in her answer.

"I think so. We didn't live in the city. It was more like here but a few more houses. You know, a really close community type of area" Evelyn explained, she didn't come from a city or anywhere fancy. Just a small town where news spread fast, too fast for her parents' liking.

"Oh yes, we don't really have close neighbours around here, unless you are a part of the Project and live near the church" Joseph smiled, making a quick gesture to the church dormitories, that was the best term Evelyn could come up with to explain the homes.

"We call it the compound" John informed her.

"It sounds a little intimidating but it's really not, it's a home for people who don't have one anywhere else" Joseph assured her, knowing that 'the compound' seemed rather negative.

"Do all of your followers live here?" Evelyn asked, looking around at the people leaving the church and the others continuing with their daily business.

"No, only the ones who have travelled far to be here. There are plenty members of the Project who live all over Hope County, in the homes that they have lived in all their lives" Joseph told her, more than happy that she was interested in learning more about the Project and their work here.

"I see you were talking to Lonny" John changed the subject, thinking back to when he saw the younger man speaking with Evelyn.

"Oh yeah, he works for you, right?" Evelyn asked, nodding her head as she answered his question.

"Yes, he does, a little like a personal assistant. He is a good man, a loyal member of the Project" John nodded with a smile. Lonny has worked for him for just under a year now, ever since he joined the project with nowhere else to go.

"It's good that you are getting to know some members of the Project, I'm glad that you are fitting in so well" Joseph smiled warmly as he placed his hand on Evelyn's shoulder, a completely platonic gesture that nobody would think twice about.

"So am I" Evelyn smiled up at the preacher.

"Come on, I'll walk you to the gates" Joseph offered, placing his hand between her shoulder blades.

"Goodbye Evelyn, we will see you next week?" John asked, already knowing the answer.

"Of course. Bye John, bye Jacob" Evelyn smiled and waved at them both. Even though Jacob hadn't spoken to her, she didn't see it as a rude thing. John smiled and waved back while Jacob nodded at her, offering her a small smile.

Joseph moved his hand down to rest on the centre of Evelyn's back before walking her away from his brothers. "I should apologise for them. Jacob can seem rather rude but he is actually a good man, he cares about us and devotes his life to protecting us and watching out for us. John can come on a little strong, but he always wins everyone over" the Father spoke as he led her towards the exit of the compound.

"You have nothing to apologise for. John seems really friendly and, even though he didn't say anything, I already know that Jacob is a good man too. If they are half as good as you are, I'm sure I will like them a lot" Evelyn smiled up at Joseph, taking a second to admire his side profile. She knew it was wrong to find 'The Father' this attractive but she wasn't blind, Joseph Seed was a very handsome man.

"I'm glad to hear it" Joseph nodded, he found himself smiling at the fact that Evelyn thought that he was a good man and that she liked him. He knew that he shouldn't read too much into her comment but he couldn't help himself. "And I'm sorry that you couldn't speak with Faith today but I just know that she will introduce herself to you soon, she is normally quick to introduce herself. I just know that she will love you" he assured her. "I will see you next week, my child" he smiled as they reached the gate, placing his hands on her shoulders to turn her to face him.

"I'll see you next week, Father" Evelyn smiled up at him.

Joseph gently placed both hands on either side of her neck, moving to stand a little closer to her. The Father lowered his head, gently resting his forehead against hers as he closed his eyes. Evelyn was a little confused by the gesture but found it both comforting and strangely intimate, yet innocent at the same time. Evelyn's eyes slowly closed, only to open them as Joseph pulled away. She wanted to ask him what that was but something stopped her, almost like she didn't actually need to ask him. Evelyn just accepted it.

Joseph slowly dropped his hands to his sides, offering the woman a warm smile. Evelyn smiled back, both of them just looking at each other for a moment. They both snapped out of their trances and nodded at each other. Evelyn smiled once more, tucking her hair behind her ear before turning and walking away from the compound.

The Father watched the woman walking away from the compound, not turning to his brothers as they approached him. John stood on one side of the Joseph, with his hands folded behind his back, while Jacob stood on the other side with his arms crossed over his chest.

"That was...interesting" John commented as he watched Evelyn walking away.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" Joseph shook his head before turning around and walking back of to the church.

"You think something is going on between them?" Jacob asked his youngest brother once Joseph had left.

"If there isn't, there will be" John shrugged as he turned to his brother.

"You don't see a problem with that?" the eldest asked, even he could see the problem with the potential relationship.

"I've never seen Joseph look at somebody like that" John sighed and so did Jacob because the youngest was right. Neither of them had seen Joseph look at somebody like that, it was obvious that he had already formed some sort of feelings for the young woman.